New updated 100 120 pin 11 mod!!!!

L33tpL4y4

Inactive User
Reaction score
As most of you know im not a great lover of this from day 1, but this has been tried and tested and its great, so i have made a wee tut up on how to do it right.

just to clarfie this a little more:
for the modem to read from the chip, pin 11 needs to be "hight" 3.3v.

but for the chip to be written to (take firmware update), pin 11 is "low" 0v.

so keeping 3.3v on pin11 disables writting to the chip eg:taking new firware update!

so to change the mac you may need to disconnect 3.3v from chip pin 11 (3.3v header may be easier if that point is used).remember to reconnect before testing your new mac in stream.

the pin (11) needs to be lifted up so its not connecting to the pad below it or a track cut to fully enable this mod, see this updated pic attached.but do this at your own risk!

so remember you either lift up pin 11 then solder your wire to it
OR solder your wire to chip pin 11 in situ then cut the track...not both, do which ever you think is easier!

its not all of my work, creds go to thos who worked on it.

sorry for the confusion, i hope its a little easier to understand now :)

theres a pic here to let you see where to cut the track, i have also posted this in the downloads!
Maybe make this a sticky mods???

Last edited:
So

enter new mac and test, then cut track what about when the CM tries to download its config file !!

Configs aren't written to memory, reboot=gone

so do you connect to 3.3 when the modem is booted !

gaz.t said:
so do you connect to 3.3 when the modem is booted !

play about with it, with no feed in so you know when ur flick of the switch point is!! thats a wee tip

doesn't it seem quite obvious that you connect it to the 3.3 before you plug it in, making writing to the chip impossible, if you want to change macs unplug your modem, disconnect pin 11 change mac, etc.

g3o said:
doesn't it seem quite obvious that you connect it to the 3.3 before you plug it in, making writing to the chip impossible, if you want to change macs unplug your modem, disconnect pin 11 change mac, etc.

its needs to be connected at all times, not connected when changing the mac!!!!, remember when its on the stream it needs to be connected at all times!!!!!

Im sorry mate but cant you read???, that's exactly what i said

L33tpL4y4 said:
As most of you know im not a great lover of this from day 1, but this has been tried and tested and its great, so i have made a wee tut up on how to do it right.

so keeping 3.3v on pin11 disables writting to the chip eg:taking new firware update!

so to change the mac you may need to disconnect 3.3v from chip pin 11 (3.3v header may be easier if that point is used).remember to reconnect before testing your new mac in stream.

the pin (11) needs to be lifted up so its not connecting to the pad below it or a track cut to fully enable this mod, see this updated pic attached.but do this at your own risk!

OR solder your wire to chip pin 11 in situ then cut the track...not both, do which ever you think is easier!

theres a pic here to let you see where to cut the track, i have also posted this in the downloads!

nice one mate, will deffo be giving that a go.

L33tpL4y4 said:

nice one mate, will deffo be giving that a go.

theayatollah said:
when you cut the track,

which side do you solder to? and do you actually cut the track all the way through
thanks
Tom.

cut track and solder to the pin.

I still don't quite get it.
I'm not to bothered if it gets updated I got a subbed and i got at least 3 200 that have'nt been done.
I got my little switch ,i cut the track. No feed in hooked up to usb and power.
It scans and get a 192 ip and then goes of and scans again.
With power on or off.
I can remeber which is off and on on the switch and cant be bothered to look inside at the moment.
I'll have to get my eye glass to make sure the track is cut.
Not surprising i can't get it.
I still fel quite embarassed that i was the bloke who spent 2 weeks trying a sb5100i in a euro docsis area and wondered why it would'nt work.:mad:

L33tpL4y4 said:

Just for everybodys information soldering to pin 11 to 3.3v and cutting the track DOES stop the update from taking place ! however this does cause further problems . When the modem does boot after the mod you will find that provisioning upgrade remains on the " in progress status" but this will eventually fail and cause the modem to restart. Tried many 120's with valid macs from 200's and 120's ! had no luck . At the moment it is best to leave the 120's switched off until a known working method is established. However on the brighter side the 200's are working perfectly with 100/120 macs provided the " 0 Attemps mod has been entered " This stops the modem updating to new firmware by setting the download attempts to "0" . Also by using the a 100/120 mac on a 200 will also prevent the update taking place for now. As their is a conflict between the new firmware for 120s and 200's. Like people have said it is a crude method and should be used temporary until a further fix arises. This may possibly lead to more advance operations such as patching the new firmware but this will need the use of lifting and programming tsop with the use of a willems programmer. Such modding will be at surge for many people as it requires skill to an advanced level. We can only hope another method will arise.

So what your saying is that if i do the mod to a 100 ambit..it will keep restarting due to the pending update

cashmere said:
So what your saying is that if i do the mod to a 100 ambit..it will keep restarting due to the pending update

yep.. the modem wont go online due to it rebooting over and over again

So pin 11 still dont work.
I dont know nuffin,but i did say that weeks ago cos i tried it.
Now what one of you's made me get my soldering out again.
Nah it's alright. i like my little switch.
It looks cool.

that sucks...me telling m8 he was getting back on tonite lol

Then can we change the topic header to NEW updated 100 120 pin 11 mod NOT!!!

Back