New updated 100 120 pin 11 mod!!!!

Exacly what i was trying to say at the begining !!!!

whilst we are on the subject of firmware,is it a silly question to ask whether or not it would work if you edited the old firmware header to match the new firmware header eg(the rev number),,would this fool the modem into thinking it
already had the latest firmware,or is there more to it than that

pug224 said:
Just for everybodys information soldering to pin 11 to 3.3v and cutting the track DOES stop the update from taking place ! however this does cause further problems . When the modem does boot after the mod you will find that provisioning upgrade remains on the " in progress status" but this will eventually fail and cause the modem to restart. Tried many 120's with valid macs from 200's and 120's ! had no luck . At the moment it is best to leave the 120's switched off until a known working method is established. However on the brighter side the 200's are working perfectly with 100/120 macs provided the " 0 Attemps mod has been entered " This stops the modem updating to new firmware by setting the download attempts to "0" . Also by using the a 100/120 mac on a 200 will also prevent the update taking place for now. As their is a conflict between the new firmware for 120s and 200's. Like people have said it is a crude method and should be used temporary until a further fix arises. This may possibly lead to more advance operations such as patching the new firmware but this will need the use of lifting and programming tsop with the use of a willems programmer. Such modding will be at surge for many people as it requires skill to an advanced level. We can only hope another method will arise.

Something tells me this post is well out of date! putting a 120 100 mac on a 200 will download incompadible firmware so thats a lie!((((((( Also by using the a 100/120 mac on a 200 will also prevent the update taking place for now)))))??? i dont think so m8, as for the pin 11 mod i got it to work ok on a 120.

Oh so new it does work!!
I was saving this 120 for a TW area.
I know it does'nt update with the power on and i did obtain a good ip address for a few seconds when i tried it????
Err i can't remeber when ,but i know the sun was still shining?
I'll give it another go when i can be bothered.
Anyway just incase someone might be torturing them selves like i've been doing for the last week.
A sb5100i will not work as a sb5100e!!
It will the other way around.
Tuners and sh*t
So what di i just ask someone:

Bonjour pourriez vous me dire le coût d'affranchissement aux mercis britanniques
and

Hallo konnten Sie mir die Kosten des Portos in Großbritannien bitte erklären

Hi, point to add

I have been reading with interest and tried the mod on 2 x 120's and neither worked again. Was quite meticulous at solder job even buying a top of the range magnifier and light for £40 ! Has anyone else had this ?

Also my 200 which has got a new mac and tries_0 etc seem to go thru some weird phases. Day 1 saw it stay online for 1/2 hour until needed to reboot. Day2 needed reboot every 5 mins which was painfull. However Day 3 and left it on overnet as realised whilst it it downloading it stays on ! Stopped downloading this morning and it is still on now. Is this normal for everyone else out there ?

regards

L33tpL4y4 said:
Something tells me this post is well out of date! putting a 120 100 mac on a 200 will download incompadible firmware so thats a lie!((((((( Also by using the a 100/120 mac on a 200 will also prevent the update taking place for now)))))??? i dont think so m8, as for the pin 11 mod i got it to work ok on a 120.

Talking about lies........... and out-dated

Post date 29-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Whippy on unlockers

just to clarfie this a little more:
for the modem to read from the chip, pin 11 needs to be "hight" 3.3v.

but for the chip to be written to (take firmware update), pin 11 is "low" 0v.

so keeping 3.3v on pin11 disables writting to the chip eg:taking new firware update!

so to change the mac you may need to disconnect 3.3v from chip pin 11 (3.3v header may be easier if that point is used).remember to reconnect before testing your new mac in stream.

the pin (11) needs to be lifted up so its not connecting to the pad below it or a track cut to fully enable this mod, see this updated pic attached.but do this at your own risk!

so remember you either lift up pin 11 then solder your wire to it
OR solder your wire to chip pin 11 in situ then cut the track...not both, do which ever you think is easier!

sorry for the confusion, i hope its a little easier to understand now :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then we have your post and it starts with.....
As most of you know im not a great lover of this from day 1, but this has been tried and tested and its great, so i have made a wee tut up on how to do it right.

Why take credit for some one elses work??? When Mr Whippy wrote it all... Lies i think :lsabre:

P.s dont do this mod it will f*** your modem up

Last edited:
pug224 said:
Talking about lies........... and out-dated

Post date 29-08-2005, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Whippy on unlockers

just to clarfie this a little more:
for the modem to read from the chip, pin 11 needs to be "hight" 3.3v.

but for the chip to be written to (take firmware update), pin 11 is "low" 0v.

so keeping 3.3v on pin11 disables writting to the chip eg:taking new firware update!

so to change the mac you may need to disconnect 3.3v from chip pin 11 (3.3v header may be easier if that point is used).remember to reconnect before testing your new mac in stream.

the pin (11) needs to be lifted up so its not connecting to the pad below it or a track cut to fully enable this mod, see this updated pic attached.but do this at your own risk!

so remember you either lift up pin 11 then solder your wire to it
OR solder your wire to chip pin 11 in situ then cut the track...not both, do which ever you think is easier!

sorry for the confusion, i hope its a little easier to understand now :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then we have your post and it starts with.....
As most of you know im not a great lover of this from day 1, but this has been tried and tested and its great, so i have made a wee tut up on how to do it right.

Why take credit for some one elses work??? When Mr Whippy wrote it all... Lies i think :lsabre:

P.s dont do this mod it will f*** your modem up

i used bits of that and added to my own, i should of really said from the start but i have added it now, it wasnt totaly his work. AND I WANTED TO HELP OUR SITE, THIS IS NOT WORNG TO DO.

Last edited:
I take it from the last postings then that it doesnt work on any model of ambit

cashmere said:
I take it from the last postings then that it doesnt work on any model of ambit

IT DOES, DO YOU THINK I WOULD OF POSTED IT IF I HAD NOT TESTED IT, IM USING A 120 AT THE MIN RUNNING IT!!!!!

cashmere said:
Sweet...I will give it a whirl then

Yes, but i hear of peeps not getting it to work, it has to be done right m8, take your time, you might be better doing the 1 bigballs posted yesterday for the 100 120!

I consider myself an expert at wielding the old iron lol,thanks for the info

Back