New TV Reccomendations

SAMSUNG UE55K5600 i don't think does HDR

I personally like the look of this one

Philips 55PUS6401

AS it says it does HDR plus as well as other impressive specs for that price range.

Just read a few reviews - and they seem a bit negative. Possible reason for the low price could be to justify the poor OS (Android) and the flaky\slow performance...??

Also spotted a LG 55UH661V over at Richersounds which seems ok?

Last edited:
Just read a few reviews - and they seem a bit negative. Possible reason for the low price could be to justify the poor OS (Android) and the flaky\slow performance...??

Also spotted a LG 55UH661V over at Richersounds which seems ok?

I'd go with Digi's advice. I never got a chance to look at the specs on the LG one and after looking it looks better than the phillips. As to HDR, no its not just for gaming, I've got a couple of android boxs that have HDR so its worth factoring in. Read more about it here

Also, i think you could probably get the the [FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]LG 55UH661V cheaper than what Richer sounds are selling it for elsewhere but richer sounds does give a 6 year guarantee I believe.[/FONT]

Been looking myself. Richer Sounds look decent with 6 year warranty.
I'm thinking of buying the 55 inch curved Samsung for £649

Bought it mate - nice one :)

Nice one, let me know how the un boxing goes.

One of the first things I did was aquire 'the martian' 50gb version and bought a 128mb memory stick/

Nice one, let me know how the un boxing goes.

One of the first things I did was aquire 'the martian' 50gb version and bought a 128mb memory stick/

Well, the unboxing didn't go... They cancelled my order as they are out of stock, so back to the drawing board. I found the same TV here same price but cant order it spoke to AO who would price match but then because it doesn't say delivery on there wouldn't honour it... Not meant to be eh :)

Well, the unboxing didn't go... They cancelled my order as they are out of stock, so back to the drawing board. I found the same TV here same price but cant order it spoke to AO who would price match but then because it doesn't say delivery on there wouldn't honour it... Not meant to be eh :)

Sorry to hear that. keep an eye out for other options thou. Hopefully you can still use the first order code on Very.co.uk on another TV?

Sorry to hear that. keep an eye out for other options thou. Hopefully you can still use the first order code on Very.co.uk on another TV?

How does this one compare mate - Panasonic 55DX600B 55, better and worth the money or no @£576 with the discount.

Re-purchased the LG from another supplier (roughly the same price) se fingers crossed she turns up this time :)

Last edited:
Samsung, Sony, and LG due to failure rates are far superior to Philips and Panasonic. While TV prices have dropped enough to make this less of concern still shouldn't be overlooked. High Dynamic Range (HDR) is definitely not a gaming issue and something you should strongly due to its picture improvement. It is not just a showroom "trick"

Back