New to the X-Box! - MP3 Question

Nygie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, finally got an X-Box, although was tempted by the 360!
The music section in the xbox, is there anyway of getting my current mp3's in there? Or do they have to be streamed in from audio cd's?
Is there any way to browse my LAN from the xbox?

It's a standard box, and don't particularly want it chipping as I use it on live alot!

Thanks for any replies!

only way is to burn them to a cd that the xbox will read and copy from that to hard drive, you cant browse anything from the xbox other than the stuff on your hard drive, chipping it is well worth it, if you dont change the hard drive you should be fine :).

Hi Mate....

You could consider softmodding your xbox and install a program called XLINK KAI.

It allows you to still play on LIVE.

Check out this link for info.

[DLMURL]http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-187.html[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant play on live with kai...

Its tunneling software lets you play online making your xbox think its playing a system link game.

its full of cheats not a patch on live.

mgffdereretr said:
You cant play on live with kai...

Its tunneling software lets you play online making your xbox think its playing a system link game.

its full of cheats not a patch on live.

You are quite correct.

I assume, that the reference to "live" in the previous post meant "online" and not "LIVE".

If we were all running unmodded XBOX's we would be on "LIVE" with no hassles methinks.
The hardened gamers will have an unmodded console for the pleasure I'm sure.

It does, however suggest a means of playing online outwith the constraints of M$.

Although, what relevance this has to playing MP3's, God only knows lol :)

Back