New to the DS Lite scene so a little help please :)

Pepperami

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya guys

Ok new to the DS scene, buying a secondhand DS Lite for the daughter, and obviously wish to DL some "Demo" ah hem.... games :)

Now that the DS Lites been out for a while, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend what I need to get to run the DL's in the DS lite, I would obviously like the DS to look as "Normal" as possible, no huge bolt on the side add ons if you know what I mean lol

Any help appreciated

Chris

Plenty to choose from mate, personally I like the R4DS.

I would also plug the R4 but the dstt is cheap as chips and does the job too and as said earlier, Curlys thread in the stickies is an excellent read.

I got a R4 and a 2GB micro chip for around £14 on amazon last week whats the world comming to I love it

Either the R4 or the TT will fit into your DS lite without anyone knowing.
They are the same size as an original game.
The R4 used to be a lot more expensive, so the TT became popular as they were cheaper, but as said above the R4 has come down a lot in price.
The main difference between the 2 is the main menu but both will play roms without any problems as long as you load the latest kernel.

Curly

There is a new card that takes upto 8gb of games where the r4 handles 2gb at max and there also quite cheap but i havent looked into it yet but a seen a post somewhere think they were £23 have a moochie around

Hey guys thanks for the info!!

How much is the R4 mk2?? Can you let me have a link if you have one please?

I have an 8GB SDHC going spare so I could use that, and I have a 4GB Micro SD too somewhere I think :)

Chris

The R4 mark 2 also accepts SDHC and therefore large capacity cards, as does the TT. I've only tried cards up to 4Gb in the TT though. I got 100 games working on that which must be enough for anyone lol.

Curly

id think so curly i think people are just getting gready lmao

Back