new to sky take it easy .. some queries

FC Sniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya

i am normaaly in the dbox section tryin to help where i can i have done all i can so on to the next project lol

i have got hold of a sky box i got thinkin what i could do with this and then went on to ebay see what they are seellin so i came acroos this

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-DSB40-DIGITAL-BOX-FOR-SKY-SKY-FREEVIEW_W0QQitemZ200084879469QQihZ010QQcategoryZ96970QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so i got wondering instead of this box could i have a sky+ hd box instead

so did some more reseach on ebay found this box

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-TM-1000D-DIGITAL-SATELLITE-RECEIVER-PATCHED_W0QQitemZ220086452499QQihZ012QQcategoryZ96970QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so which one is beta and will get more channels or should say the beta channels and which dish would be best

P.s money is not a problem this is kind of an hobbie so i can spend a bit of cash on it lmfao but dont tel the our wife

if you are not subscribing to sky then a sky+ or HD box will be no different to a basic digibox, although you would get bbc HD trial channel with the Hidef box.

The technomate wont get anything any different from a basic sky box either, if you are just using a fixed sky dish, but it will mean you will lose the sky 7-day epg and basic menu features. Obviously if you are subscribing to sky then you need to keep a digibox and the technomate will be zero use to you.

The technomate is used for access to many other satellites in the sky, but you will need to invest in a new dish to go with that. It doesnt have anything to do with sky but is can be a great hobby to get into. Maybe visit the technomate section we have or perhaps the european sat section and read more on satellite tv.

Hope that helps.

thanks alot mate so could i use a motorized dish to catch all the sate lites on a sky box or is that not possiable and which technomate would u recommend

i would like to watch the all the footi avaliable if thats possiable

a sky box is for sky, it wont be any use on a motorised dish whatsoever. A technomate tms1500ci or 1500 range will be a great start into satellite tv. You dont have to have a motorised dish but you will need a larger dish than the sky minidish. If you want the most amount of choice, especially for football, then you need to choose a motorised system. Its a great hobby as well as lots of stuff to watch.
Its not about sky though, rule of thumb is sky toys are for sky, other satellite equipment is for satellite reception :).

thanks alot mate i think i will go for the technomate system with a motorized dish

Back