New to me TM-F3/5

ou toppie

Hi All, I have managed to get hold of a used F3/5 but without a user manual.
Is there anyone out there who would be kind enough to set out, in detailed layman terms, exactly how to set about playing a program which I have recorded on this machine.
I used to have a 5402 but never ever managed to understand from the book how to record or playback anything recorded.
I have tried googling but all manuals on line are blury in image and also totally non understandable to me, a noobie with PVR's.
Many thanks in anticipation
OT

kegnkiwi

DW Regular +
strange but when I try and get a manual for you from technomate the manual comes out as the tm5402 does this look like your receiver?

Attachments

ou toppie

Hi kegnkiwi,
Thanks but that is the book for the 5402, and it is different to the F3/5, as is the remote control.
I have tried using the 5402 book but no matter where I look I cannot get a clear idea as to how to handle recording and playback.
As I said earlier I could not understand how to record and playback with the 5402 either even with the book. It does not seem to cater for noobie PVR people

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
I work with 5402's and, although they are advertised as PVR's, I rarely let on to clients that they can record - because it is a right royal PITA.
But in a nutshell, to play back you'll see a button imaginatively marked "File List" somewhere on the handset. Hit that & you'll see a list of all the recordings on your memory device. Highlight the one you want to watch, hit 'OK' & you're off.
Deleting them, now that's another matter. It's so fiddly I generally just wait until all recordings have been watched & just re-format the drive.
I hope this explains it a bit better than the manual.

ou toppie

Many thanks for both replies: With the downloaded book and your explanation am slowly getting to terms with it now

TEST