new to dreambox

mahon68

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guy`s
just got my first dreambox dm800,i progged in a couple of sats and got some clear chans what do i need to do next for descrambling had a look at some tuts but nothing for dm800 please help
mahon68

In regard to descrambling channels not much has changed over the range of dreamboxes its all done in pretty much the same way, just file locations have changed.

You need to get yourself a softemu installed and then update the keys.

What image have you on the box? this would help us point you in the right direction.

Si

have you flashed it with an image yet and what packages/ channels are you tryig to get cause only a few are open and what is your dish pointing at is it motorised

have`nt flashed it yet not sure how.have motorised system.enigma2 on it

hi guy`s
i tried flashing it but nothing happening i`m using dream up tried with both cables in tried with just ull modem cable in still the same comes up calculating checksum and stays on it left it for an hour at one try.
any idea what i could be doing wrong or what my prob might be.
regards
mahon68

dream up dont work with dm 800
you have to use network interface
hold down the power button on the dreambox and plug it in when you see stop on the front let go
it should come up on the display its ip address then open your net browser and type the ip address in then go to update i think

i`ve tried different images i`ll try that now with the web browser see how it goes

i`ve tried that now with the browser and no joy aswell as that each time you turn on the ip address changes

When you press the buttons to access the bootloader as havelln decsribes this uses dhcp which is probably the reason you keep getting a diferent ip address it actually helps you out because you don't have to set the ip via serial. Just make sure your router is giving ips out via dhcp.

At which stage are you actually getting to? are you able to get the webpage open?

Give us a brief rundown of your network setup along with the ip your dm is getting this might point to a potential problem.

I find flashing by the browser so much more easier than the dreamup method, now if you didn't have to get off your backside and press the standby button it would be even better.:)

Si

thanks havelln brilliant guide just flashed box with nabilo going to see how its works now,cheers guy`s for all ur help hopefully i`ll b ok now
mahon68

Glad you got it sorted

Believe me this is only the beginning, plenty more head scratching to come.

Si

yes i`m back again is there any read me or guide for using the new flash i`m using nabilo blackhole
mahon68

There is no official guide that i know of, best thing to do is scan read over the following pdf's. Dreamboxes and images are all pretty much similar in their function. Reading them will give you a rough idea on what to do.

Also i would try flashing with different images to get a feel for which one you prefer, my personal choice is the pli-images. With being able to flash the firmware via browser makes it so much easier to do.

http://www.pajek.net/telstar/Navodila/Dreambox_7020_For_Newbies_1.6.pdf
http://www.pajek.net/telstar/Navodila/Dreambox_500_For_Newbies_5.5.pdf
http://www.pajek.net/telstar/Navodila/Newbie Guide.pdf

One thing to remember is the file structure between images is slightly different so don't copy it word for word, but figure out what you want to do then look it up for the dm800.

Si

Last edited:
hi guy`s i`m back again,i installed a couple of cams into the box via the addons but i`m only able to clear prem on astra 19.is there something else i have to do to update keys i tried it using the menu on the dreambox but it says keys updated but still the same,
any ideas
regards mahon68

i`m not using any key updater i could`nt locate 1 .i thought that it would all be updated using the remote via the blue panel.i did try the dcc but could not get it to connect to the box for some reason. i`ve also changed images.i tried a few and i`m between 2 now that i thought worked best which are nabilo blackhole and newnigma i`ll stick with which ever one i can update the keys easier.
regards,
mahon68

Back