New to DBoxs. Which one do I order?

BlueMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there guys an gals.

Going to buy a couple of DBoxs (2's) for me and a friend. All this talk about 1x and 2x chips has me confussed. Which is the better to buy?

Also are their any other things I should watch out for?

Thanks in advance.

Either or, it doesn't matter. They all do the same.

Buy a Nokia or a Sagem.

2x Flash chips will flash faster than 1x but they work the same afterwards.

Make sure the box has 32MB of memory. Any less and you won't be able to use it to watch pay tv.

Some boxes come with 'stripes' on the lcd. It's merely cosmetic and the menus and stuff come up on the screen but it does display the channel name and time so it can be useful. Try and buy a box with 'no stripes'.

Nokias have a reputation of being 'better built'. But all the components are on the main board. If one part fails, the whole board fails.

Sagems are modular in build and if one part fails, it can easily be replaced.

Make sure the box is in 'debug mode'. Without this active you won't be able to flash a UK image. If it's not in debug mode, don't worry, this can be done, but it's much easier if it is in debug mode when you buy it.

Everyone has their own experiences and own opinions what box they link best. If it works, it works :)

My opinion - stay clear of a dbox2 and get a Dreambox ;)

Thanks Devilfish (Cool Name)

I have been given a choice of Nokia boxs and Sagems. The guy selling them said that the Sagems are mixed (1x and 2x chips) where as the Intels are 2x chip.

Is there any difference between these and what would you recommend I buy?

Thanks.

many people will differ with there answer i've got two sagems and one nokia the sagems have always been rock solid but the nokia is a right one to get right its just luck that you land for a nice powerfull tuner weather it be in a sagem or a nokia good luck

personally get a nokia dbox2 x2..
dreambox r ok...expensive...value for money ??? i think not..
i hardy get any trouble with a dbox,...and get same channels as the guy down the road with his dreambox.
personal preference i think..they all do same thing.

personally get a nokia dbox2 x2..
dreambox r ok...expensive...value for money ??? i think not..
i hardy get any trouble with a dbox,...and get same channels as the guy down the road with his dreambox.
personal preference i think..they all do same thing.

dbox2 can be 6 years old or more...original dream multimedia dreambox is brand new comes with manufacturer warranty,its smaller,neater,faster etc and can be bought for the same price as people are paying for dbox2 on our UK ebay.
you can buy a clone dreambox from china for approx £80 with delivery

The clones are badly built and they will break down at some point apparently

personally ive had a clone now for over 4months. bought if from the Zeus guy that many other have bought from for £130 inc shipping.

Hes changed his domain other day, but here a link to the dm500c

They are imports, just so you know and price is now $113.50 FREE shipping.
Customer service is quiet good also. But there other shops around sellign same item.

Back