New tm 800 image soon?

belmando

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi m8s

a few days left .it would be nice to have it this weekend so we can be busy with it!Since its a whole month ,could be a complete ,dif image ,comp dif file structure?
Btw :is there any more who is eager to have a new release?Board seems to be very quite:proud:

regards

I check for new releases a few times every day :)

I even had a dream about it a few nights ago, no joke.

i hope on the new image the audio sync problem is sorted, thats one of the biggest things i would like to be fixed,

I hope it just fixes all the basic niggles that annoy every day audio sync/zapping is so slow/fix the time not being 1970/recording would be nice LOL

I have done the fix from witchy would be nice to see it implemented by technomate

Part of the fun of owning a Linux box is watching the community modify and improve things, but I totally agree with you, something as simple as getting the time correct should have been sorted by UR a long long time ago.

In the next release, I'd be happy to see the advertised fixes from the last 'fix' actually work.

The Wifi and PVR will be enough to keep me going until the next fix.

Divx and x264 support will blow me away, but I'm not expecting that any time soon.

the 30th day is tomorrow, and so far, EVERY date thats been given for anything to do with the TM800 has been missed

lets hope they can break the habit ;)

Wow, just reading some of the replies the box is very basic at the moment.

Don't get me wrong I am still tempted, I have it in my cart at eurosky! My other post from today was to ascertain the current state of the box. What to expect from it and what it deffo won't do.

sorry to sound negative again guys but i want one too... only thing is it was mentioned on here that the tm800 if all you want to do is watch hd telly is perfect, a lot of people incl me would be happy with that but if there's an audio sync problem you cant even do that... ? is it usable for everyday viewing of channels ? and not have it looking like some old bruce lee movie with horrible dubbing. lol

EVERY enigma2 receiver has slight lip sync issues, if i leave my DM800 on a sky movies HD channel, within 24 hours the sync is about 3 seconds out, flick channel over and back, qand its all good again

i may connect the TM800 on top of my DM800 in the morning, and leave them both on the same HD channel. as im going away for the night tomorrow, when i get back on sunday, both boxes will be out of sync, id imagine by about 4 seconds, but a quick zap to another channel will solve it

generally, you watch a film for 2 hours, then turn over anyway, so its not noticable

I have a sky+HD box and dm800 and tm800 and I find they all have issues on hd channels, skyhd liq sinc is not the best and I find the openpli images on dm800 are better than most.

The fixes for the issues with this box would come a lot faster if it whas open source as it supposed to be until then we will have to wait.

The VU+ DUO has a few images and you use which one you prefer and fixes to problems come a lot quicker

Btw, lip-sync issue is reserved for digital audio out (related to AC3 apparently). No problem whatsoever on analogue (stereo) out.
So, yes, you can watch TV, and with sound after all! :)

EVERY enigma2 receiver has slight lip sync issues, if i leave my DM800 on a sky movies HD channel, within 24 hours the sync is about 3 seconds out, flick channel over and back, qand its all good again

i may connect the TM800 on top of my DM800 in the morning, and leave them both on the same HD channel. as im going away for the night tomorrow, when i get back on sunday, both boxes will be out of sync, id imagine by about 4 seconds, but a quick zap to another channel will solve it

generally, you watch a film for 2 hours, then turn over anyway, so its not noticable

Thanks digi mate, the way people were goin on about lip sync issues etc, i thought it was a real major issue, my dm500 clone does the exact same as you described and yes a quick zap sorts it, as long as thats all it is well its not a big deal then....card reader working though is a must as it will be my main box which is also my server...and i use my uk card to view and serve..

The way people are exagerating things is just wierd m8. yes the card reader is insctive at the moment, i personally would rather the reader be inactive than partly working and risk frying my viewing card, but im sure thatll be sorted in the next image or two. The lip sync issue is the same as it is for all enigma2 receivers, and like youve said, also on enigma1 machines. my dm800 has had it for the last 3 years, if the UR team solve it on the tm800, will all the people who have made so much noise about it then go to nabilo, pli, gemini, and all the others and shout and scream that now its fixed on the tm800, why cant the other teams fix it on equipment thats been out for years?

as a box to just watch telly on, the tm800 is fine, to use as a server, its not quite there yet

theres not another receiver on the market, that since launch, has had so many images released in such a short time since being launched, 29 images in total, which since the public launch works out at about 10 a month, since i got hold of one, still works out at 5 images a month

hi digidude m8

so many images but still time and date is not fixed it!Subtitles work a day or 2 then needs reboot .But i am not exagerating just want those thing work that i paid for (thouse outstanding features)Thats what says on the package

regards

regards

I don't own one of these boxes but am following it's development with interest.

I don't know you why don't just get your money back and stop slagging the box off all the time. Your becoming really boring.

I have to assume that you have a financial interest in the box failing as you are as rabidly against it as satwiz is a rabid supporter of it and your both boring me.

Don't know about others but i'm interested in if the box is going to be as good as the hype and to be reminded for the umpteenth time that your time and date are wrong is boring.

If your that unhappy get your money back

I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure that i'm not the only one getting bored with you now. I have stated my views on the box before and have no reason to keep repeating them so why do you keep on ?

hi digidude m8

so many images but still time and date is not fixed it!Subtitles work a day or 2 then needs reboot .But i am not exagerating just want those thing work that i paid for (thouse outstanding features)Thats what says on the package

regards

regards

Last edited:
I dont understand how most threads about TM800 turn into a negative post.
Its another box on the market! Its beta, its young! Somethings dont work, thats all.

Wheres the hobbiest element, all about the tinkering.

Back