New TM 5402 (M4) due

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still use the TM5402 in new installations, but I don't supply them, I tell customer to source their own. Long story behind that.
But recently they have reported having problems getting them, with (Ebay) sellers trying to palm them off with 5400's & the like, one even arrived with a "new" TM8000!
This happened previously just before the M3 was launched, turns out there is yet another incarnation, the M4 on its way.
It will be interesting to see what improvements they've made.

See there's a patch for M4 on download site today - all seems a bit hush hush?
Obviously no 4K either so cant really see point of it anyway?

I have a new M4 to replace an old M3 that was on the blink (on/off constant cycling issue). The new M4 works well (once patched) for BBC Satback on 27.5W. With the patch that came out on 18th May, all channels now working out-of-the-box.

I have a new M4 to replace an old M3 that was on the blink (on/off constant cycling issue). The new M4 works well (once patched) for BBC Satback on 27.5W. With the patch that came out on 18th May, all channels now working out-of-the-box.
Any other benefits, as very few of us will know this?

27.5W is the main reason I have a TM5402-M4 as not many receivers have such a high baud rate (44100 for 27.5W) and BISS capability with the patch. I also use it for german channels and the integrated CI slot no longer needs a CAM (once patched) for ORF cards.
The new patch is a bit quirky as yet, and when moving channels to a different order it does attach the channels to incorrect transponders on the wrong satellite. To avoid this, I only moved channels together with others that were on the same transponder. Laborious, but it did work in the end.
Compared to the M3, the menus are faster and more modern. The picture quality is sharp, as was the M3. I get that it has no UHD, but for those of us craving British TV abroad, it is a great box (once patched).

27.5W is the main reason I have a TM5402-M4 as not many receivers have such a high baud rate (44100 for 27.5W) and BISS capability with the patch. I also use it for german channels and the integrated CI slot no longer needs a CAM (once patched) for ORF cards.
The new patch is a bit quirky as yet, and when moving channels to a different order it does attach the channels to incorrect transponders on the wrong satellite. To avoid this, I only moved channels together with others that were on the same transponder. Laborious, but it did work in the end.
Compared to the M3, the menus are faster and more modern. The picture quality is sharp, as was the M3. I get that it has no UHD, but for those of us craving British TV abroad, it is a great box (once patched).
Thanks for that, very interesting to hear - but whether it's justified moving from M3 to M4 by pure choice, well the jury's out - plus from what you've said there are still mods to be done to current (only) patch.

The new patch has caused a data base error where if you move or delete channels it moves some to 53e, TM are aware and patch being worked on.

Back