New testing and development section

S

Speedy2206

Mickie D has opened a new "Testing and Development" section for us DBOX users. This room allows us to test new files/functions/features before they are released to the public.

The latest images in "test phase" will be uploaded to this room, and select people will be invited to try them out and provide feedback.

The development area is PASSWORD PROTECTED; and the password will only be made available to select users.

If you think that you have what it takes to become a beta tester for new software, programs and images; then PM me and we'll set you up with access permissions.

Cheers,
Liam

liamcrayden said:
Mickie D has opened a new "Testing and Development" section for us DBOX users. This room allows us to test new files/functions/features before they are released to the public.

The latest images in "test phase" will be uploaded to this room, and select people will be invited to try them out and provide feedback.

The development area is PASSWORD PROTECTED; and the password will only be made available to select users.

If you think that you have what it takes to become a beta tester for new software, programs and images; then PM me and we'll set you up with access permissions.

Cheers,
Liam

now that is great news to have a Testing and Development section is very good idea liam

great thinking there m8

cheers

I've had a few PMs already from members wanting to become testers :) This is really encouraging and thank you for the interest..

However, your post count WILL affect whether or not you will be allowed access. Firstly, I will NOT be allowing new members with 0 posts. You will need at least 20 posts before I will consider applications. This is because, without 20 posts, you simply cannot download!

I will also be looking at previous feedback threads for older images, and deciding whether or not your feedback was useful enough. PM's will be sent containing invites to the people I think are worthy. You must also have a reasonable understanding of the DBOX and how it works...

People that have created images/software will be automatically allowed access, as we need you guys in the section.

If you really feel that you can be of any help and want to join, then give me a shout and I'll have a look. The worse I can say is no :) .. but please do remember the criteria outlined above.

Liam

I think that's an excellent idea, specially as this seems to be the most active dbox2 forum about atm.

Do I get an invite?
z4dwink.gif

Cydine I swear I sent you a PM invite m8? Maybe i didnt lol. Of course you get an invite.

You maybe did but I can only seem to have 1 PM at a time.

How many posts do I need before my PM quota is increased?

dbox tester

liamcrayden said:
I've had a few PMs already from members wanting to become testers :) This is really encouraging and thank you for the interest..

However, your post count WILL affect whether or not you will be allowed access. Firstly, I will NOT be allowing new members with 0 posts. You will need at least 20 posts before I will consider applications. This is because, without 20 posts, you simply cannot download!

I will also be looking at previous feedback threads for older images, and deciding whether or not your feedback was useful enough. PM's will be sent containing invites to the people I think are worthy. You must also have a reasonable understanding of the DBOX and how it works...

People that have created images/software will be automatically allowed access, as we need you guys in the section.

If you really feel that you can be of any help and want to join, then give me a shout and I'll have a look. The worse I can say is no :) .. but please do remember the criteria outlined above.

Liam

yo liam good idea mate since i cant get all channels on my dreambox i'm going back down the dbox route and it should be here by the weekend so you can consider me for the testers.

chers mate

:BLOBBY:

Ive had an amazing number of users that want to test out new features/function/images/programs when they are released.... I will go thru the massive number of PMs received and make up a list of people that will be allowed access.

So if you've PM'd me previously then I may well be replying to you soon with an official invite :)

Liam

liamcrayden said:
Ive had an amazing number of users that want to test out new features/function/images/programs when they are released.... I will go thru the massive number of PMs received and make up a list of people that will be allowed access.

So if you've PM'd me previously then I may well be replying to you soon with an official invite :)

Liam

Thats good news Liam

can i have an interview too......lol

Is the testing and development section up and running and been used yet?

Yes mate its just under the DBOX2 Downloads section, and has a couple of files in there at the moment - the amount of files in this section will greatly increase as and when images/parts of images become availbale.

The room might not be visible to you if you dont have the correct access permissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sent you a pm liam. I am interested in helping with development and testing in any way I can. I'm a software engineer and have a coLinux/debian dev environment up and running. So hopefully can make a useful contribution.

abaddon.

bp001 and all future applicants...
If you wanna PM gav12345 instead of me then if he thinks you're good enough then he will provide you with the password.

Back