New Technomate TM-6902 -HD-T2 Super

Profoundman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Just got my first ever new satellite receiver and diving in a new unknown world for me.
I would like to ask for experienced users, what are all the good stuff you can do with it..

I am IT savvy my satellite world is new to me..

Thank you all..

Also just realized I have an old firmware.. Should I update it with manufacturer's latest before attempting to load anything on it?

jump straight in mate and get the latest patched firmware with the addon and let the good times roll

The latest patch incorporates latest manufacturers firmware so no need bother loading any original only patches. Patched firmware always have a p suffix in the filename so you know your loading a patched version. As said above, load patch, then add_on and your ready for scanning, adding channel lists and lines and away you go.

The latest patch incorporates latest manufacturers firmware so no need bother loading any original only patches. Patched firmware always have a p suffix in the filename so you know your loading a patched version. As said above, load patch, then add_on and your ready for scanning, adding channel lists and lines and away you go.

I think Phantompatch-TM6902HDT2_126p-27-12-2012.stb.rar <-- is the latest patch

now Add-on? didn't see where to get them... do they have a name format?

Thank you guys.. appreciate all the help ..

Add-On is in the dowload centre under TM6900 Super. Don't worry it will work fine on your receiver. File name Add-On 002p

Alright,

successfully patched the technomate with the latest patch, then loaded the addon as suggested.. I have also downloaded the Softcam without editing it.. So far I can confirm that the patch loaded successfully because i can see the menu in the system information.

Now i am just confuse what to do next? I so far only can see FTA channels.. also wanted to let you know that I am using the device from Tunisia (Tunis) .. is it the reason why it's not working?

The whole thing is new to me and i am trying to educate myself as this is become a hobby :)

Thank you all for your support.. much appreciated

Hi Profoundman,

A large percentage of the channels that are opened by the Phantompatch are located on Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E

According to the footprints (coverage area maps) relating to these satellites at 19.2°E you appear to be right on the edge of/slightly out of the coverage area in Tunisia... see link below...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

This is generally known as 'Fringe Reception'... and the footprints suggest that you will need a minimum dish size of 1.2 metres to receive all transponders/channels successfully... if you are using a dish which is less than 1.2 metres in size then you are going to struggle with reception of these satellites...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi Profoundman & manic01,

23.5e has channels open also 39e.
I do not know the footprint for these...

Astra 3B at 23.5°E Footprints

Code:

All the transponders/channels of interest are located on Astra 3B (Europe Wide Beam)
The footprint (coverage map) suggests a dish size of between 1.2 metres and 1.5 metres for successful reception in Tunisia...

Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E Footprints

Code:

All the transponders/channels of interest are located on Hellsat 2 (F1 & F2 Beams)
The footprint (coverage map) again suggests a dish size of between 1.2 metres and 1.5 metres for successful reception in Tunisia...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
I do have motorized satellite dish with probably a meter and something of size.

I hired a local Technician who installed it for me and here are the satellite listing that I see when I press the sat button on my remote control of the receiver.

12.5W Atlantic Bird 1
7.0W Nilesat 101/102
7.0E Eutelsat W3A
13.OE Hotbird
19.2E Astra 1

I have checked the astra as mentioned by Zorch that it may be the one that the Phantompatch patch can work on.
However it still says scrambled for locked channel.. even though I am able to view the FTA on Astra 1

So just to make sure I understand, there are few ways you can enhance your TV channel
1 - the PhantomPatch which by default should work on some channels?
2 - the Biss? which i have no clue how to use or where it will work
3 - providing a server to connect to? which is also not too clear for me.. (related to sharing?)

Anyway this seems to be a fun adventure as I am slowly getting the remaining of the puzzle but still too murky for me..

Appreciate any of your time replying ..

Thank you..

Hi again Profoundman,

Try these to start off with...

Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E
Code:
Code:
Code:

Astra 3B at 23.5°E
Code:

Hellas Sat 2 at 39.0°E
Code:

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thank you Zorch/Manic

You guys are awesome.. Will give it a try after work.. and will let you know ..

Thank you again..

Hello Zorch/Manic..

Looks like I may need to change my satellite dish.. I thought I had the right size. The dish is too small for the discovery adventures I am undertaking. While in the process I will try to read some of the posting to gain more experience..

Thank you all for help and support..

Regards,

Back