new setup

westkill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all ive got a new triax td110 with a dark motor , i have set the lattitude on the motor using multimap and me postcode which was 51.44421 so ihave set it to 51 is this correct

secondly the bracket that joins directly to the dish has a adjustable brack with some numbers on it im not sure what to set this at i guess its to do with the tilt of the dish
as i want to get this right as i live on the 5th floor lol
and because of the pigeon netting ive got to take down
as i have made my own bracket out of scaffolding , so i dont have to lean over and put a proper bracket on :)

thanks westkill :)

click sat help in my siggy below, then click how to install a motorised dish

ive been fitting them for years m8, and theyure never an 'up the ladder once' job

hi all ive got a new triax td110 with a dark motor , i have set the lattitude on the motor using multimap and me postcode which was 51.44421 so ihave set it to 51 is this correct

secondly the bracket that joins directly to the dish has a adjustable brack with some numbers on it im not sure what to set this at i guess its to do with the tilt of the dish
as i want to get this right as i live on the 5th floor lol
and because of the pigeon netting ive got to take down
as i have made my own bracket out of scaffolding , so i dont have to lean over and put a proper bracket on :)

thanks westkill :)

ive read your motrised setup about the angle on the motor thanks :) im a bit cofused about the adjustable bracket actually on the dish, this came with the instuctions with the motor
is this correct for the " dish bracket angle " 27.6

i set my angle correctly according to the dark motor instructions but found it needed tweaked to get the maximum signal up and down

thinking back now it wasnt really that hard to fit the setup only hard thing is getting ALL the satellites but i think thats my 80cm dishes problem

dont think i could get away with putting a 90cm dish on these flats as of yet

i set my angle correctly according to the dark motor instructions but found it needed tweaked to get the maximum signal up and down

thinking back now it wasnt really that hard to fit the setup only hard thing is getting ALL the satellites but i think thats my 80cm dishes problem

dont think i could get away with putting a 90cm dish on these flats as of yet

i need to do a bit of tweaking on thor the agc is about 77% and the ber is 8224 :(

BER is the Bit Error Rate, this is faults in the digital signal m8, it could be that the dish is slightly offline, a neighbour could have a radar detector in the car and thats being picked up, it could be a nearby DECT phone or even a kink in the cable m8

why is the ber so high ?

i had these exact same issues at first when i used the Eagle Image for my DM500. But then i switched to Pli image and it worked again

it could be that the dish isnt actually pointing to 1w and its actually set at 0* and thats why the BER is so high

try manually moving it from left to right and then select different transponders from the drop down menu Motor Setup page this is done at have it set to position

if your still having trouble try doing hardwa4re reset of motor and clean image install. then install captains settings and just goto channel on 1w and should work if your aligned it properly

if not get up those ladders again

i had these exact same issues at first when i used the Eagle Image for my DM500. But then i switched to Pli image and it worked again

it could be that the dish isnt actually pointing to 1w and its actually set at 0* and thats why the BER is so high

try manually moving it from left to right and then select different transponders from the drop down menu Motor Setup page this is done at have it set to position

if your still having trouble try doing hardwa4re reset of motor and clean image install. then install captains settings and just goto channel on 1w and should work if your aligned it properly

if not get up those ladders again

cant use ladders as im on the 5th floor :proud:

i might try sme more cable hmmm
just done a scan on 13e picked it allup got 90% signal locks onto thor but only pick up 5 channels .
i will revert back 2 my 2 little dishes for 28.2 and 19.2 for tonight had enough for one day :(

BER is the Bit Error Rate, this is faults in the digital signal m8, it could be that the dish is slightly offline, a neighbour could have a radar detector in the car and thats being picked up, it could be a nearby DECT phone or even a kink in the cable m8

cheers digidude

ive got tw0 small dishes setup as well they work fine with 19.2e and 28.2e

cant get round the big f##ker lol

cant use ladders as im on the 5th floor :proud:

you got any pics of your setup? interested since you mentioned your on 5th floor. i had a nightmare gettign someone to install mine and im only on thr 2nd floor. Ended up running 35m cable round to the east wall and i can get 1w-42e but some wont show on my 80cm dish

you got any pics of your setup? interested since you mentioned your on 5th floor. i had a nightmare gettign someone to install mine and im only on thr 2nd floor. Ended up running 35m cable round to the east wall and i can get 1w-42e but some wont show on my 80cm dish

heres some pics a bit crued but it does the job :proud: i would not have done it without a balcony lol

the upright pole on the inside goes from the floor of the balcony to the underneath of the balcony above on a ajustable base :)

Back