new section

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guyz/girlz you may or may not have noticed a new part in within the satellite sections. See here- http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=371

Although the sections are in the satellite room they are infact meant for both Freeview and freesat chat, basically all about digital tv and the extra choice that exists.

So any chat about what you enjoy watching, whats worth watching and whats not, your views on digital tv choice and whats on where and when etc, really would be apreciated :). I'm sure extratv.co.uk will eventually become the place that everyone will recommend for digital tv advice and it is all part of World-of-Digital and will be successful due to the input from the great members here.

Regards
L:)

Thanks for the pointer Pinkhelmets.

Is there anyway it could be made more easy to find on the opening page?

extratv.co.uk does not make it clear that it is more than just satellite.

If the whole sub-forum was opened up/expanded then it would be much clearer and inviting.

:) :) :)

@pinkhelmets

I posted a reply to your thread in the freeview room, about this new section, but I guess you haven't seen it.

I was asking if there was any way this new section could be made easier to find on the front page. It kind of gets lost.

Could the sub-forums be opened up or expanded instead of being squeezed into one little box? Also, would it be an idea to have all the TV sections beside each other?

Cars and phones break them up at the moment.

:)

i did leave it a while to see if anyone else posted comments to the post m8, but also because theres not much i can say really. Firstly, to the point of extratv.co.uk seeming too much toward satellite and not enough mention of freeview, its mainly due to the fact that freeview is limited to very select few that are in areas able to get it, whereas satellite is for everyone wherever they are in the uk or the whole of europe. Its about digital tv, so freeview was in no way going to be left out, and any sky talk or other satellite packages, even cable will not be ruled out (nothing technical tho), its just that when you talk to many people in the uk about going digital they instantly presume Digibox and sky dish. So the site is to say thats not correct and to help with 'this is what ya get, and how to' etc. Satellite offers much more than freeview but the site isnt about competition its about offering free advice and helping people go digital. A unique place to bring all the info together without being too technical, biased or 'illegal' :).

As for making it more obvious in the Digital World forum, thats not needed, it is only a sub forum and not to be taking the main posts away from Digital World main sections. Its infact the oposite, it will bring people in from elsewhere and eventually they will end up joining DW and becoming fully involved here (hopefully). Its not meant to be confusing either it can run alongside Mickies original format and just be an add-on, maybe one day it will become a complete seperate forum with its own vb licence etc. I just wanted to point out that it existed for any current member of DW to use and maybe add some input if they feel like it. I apreciate your input Hamba and hope you can help the chat grow. It was supposed to be a 'Members Forum' such as Bronto's footy, or Rab's Karaoke etc, but MD decided it best placed in the sat sections. I dont mind where it is I would just like to help educate the general public that digital tv is great, you can get it anywhere, its not expensive, and this site is the very best for all the advice you could want whether a newbie or professional, law abider or HM holiday regular ;).

Now, as for the look of the main forum, with the tv sections mixed up and parted with cars and phones, thats Mickie who will need to agree a change to the main forum look. Maybe if extratv.co.uk becomes succesful he might get rid of the satellite section and the top-up tv and the freeview sections and just have 'extratv' with all its sub sections and some more :).

Well, its all still in developement anyway so your points are noted by me and lets see how things go. The plan is also to have these sections useable without registration at Digital World, but currently not working.

Regards m8, and thanks.

Thx for the reply PH

I like your viewpoint that we should have somewhere where all digital tv can be represented and discussed.

Now, as for the look of the main forum, with the tv sections mixed up and parted with cars and phones, thats Mickie who will need to agree a change to the main forum look. Maybe if extratv.co.uk becomes succesful he might get rid of the satellite section and the top-up tv and the freeview sections and just have 'extratv' with all its sub sections and some more
smile.gif

That sounds sensible - lets hope it does become successful.

:mexican:

Back