New Rule Suggestion

JonMMM

Elite Member
Reaction score
Now that we have the 1 like rule, can we please get rid of the the 5 post rule.

I think it may stop the post clocking and people will only post useful posts as that is the only way they will get a like.

Also set a rule that only people with x like can like a post to stop multis

Dont think it will make much difference mate. I seen the other day a new member joining, posted all over the place about getting access to servers.
A VIP member liked it.

Clockers will always go to extreme measures to get the file(s) there after.
Reason being not all files that are here is available on other sites.

I agree with get rid of the 5 post rule but only if we increase the number of likes to 5. That way, maybe, just maybe they'll make the 5 decent posts originally asked for. Otherwise we should follow IanB's suggestion :D
I feel for smoggie. Does his best to get new members to introduce themselves before giving them their much needed radio code. The majority of them simply say "Hello", whereas the rest say "Hi".
They ensure they do the minimum to get their code, completely beyond me.

Have to agree @IANB
Seeing members constantly posting rules is just as frustrating as seeing clockers.
I have a few times hit report button.
But theres a few on here dont really post anything more than “read the rules”
🙄

Thats what report button is for.

Just thinking if the number of posts did not matter but the quality did, it would save the mods effort of deleting them. And at the same time if its not numbers newbies are going for it would also stop the waste posts

Just thinking if the number of posts did not matter but the quality did, it would save the mods effort of deleting them. And at the same time if its not numbers newbies are going for it would also stop the waste posts
Believe me when I tell you all options are regularly discussed and reviewed by mods/admin and have been for many years ;)

Believe me when I tell you all options are regularly discussed and reviewed by mods/admin and have been for many years ;)

No I believe you, was just trying to be helpful, if its been discussed and rejected that fine.

No I believe you, was just trying to be helpful, if its been discussed and rejected that fine.
Not what I said mate. I said many options have been discussed in the past years and reviewed and sometimes tweaked. I’m sure they will look at your suggestion mate

I agree with get rid of the 5 post rule but only if we increase the number of likes to 5. That way, maybe, just maybe they'll make the 5 decent posts originally asked for. Otherwise we should follow IanB's suggestion :D
I feel for smoggie. Does his best to get new members to introduce themselves before giving them their much needed radio code. The majority of them simply say "Hello", whereas the rest say "Hi".
They ensure they do the minimum to get their code, completely beyond me.

We see mew members join up with 2 accounts post something on one account then like it with their second account. All raising the likes will do is make it harder for them needing to have 6 accounts. At least with the 5 posts it give us the chance to flush them out. One post and 5 likes may go under the radar.

When they want a file they go to any lengths.

Not what I said mate. I said many options have been discussed in the past years and reviewed and sometimes tweaked. I’m sure they will look at your suggestion mate

What if you had to have a like in order to give one? would that not stop the multis?

We see mew members join up with 2 accounts post something on one account then like it with their second account. All raising the likes will do is make it harder for them needing to have 6 accounts. At least with the 5 posts it give us the chance to flush them out. One post and 5 likes may go under the radar.

When they want a file they go to any lengths.
I know mate, my reply was more of a tongue in cheek rather than a suggestion. I helped catch out one doing it a couple of weeks ago 🤭
Some forums I have joined in the past only enabled your first post to be in the introduction/who are you section. After your intro post you were then unable to access the main forum till you had clicked a link which took you to the rules with a tick box.

Most file hunters would just tick the box without bothering to read the rules but the big bold 5 post download rule would surely catch their eye o_O

Now that we have the 1 like rule, can we please get rid of the the 5 post rule.

I think it may stop the post clocking and people will only post useful posts as that is the only way they will get a like.

Also set a rule that only people with x like can like a post to stop multis
Whats a like??

Bottom right hand side of a post you'll see a like icon its basically a thank you for a good post.

Add's point to your reaction score.

Why you asking when you've given them out yourself last week?
Irony,
paradoxical in its nature
Yet you give a response of predictable anger without any conception of the question.
So my question to you would be why are you angry if you need clarification on my question.
Ironic dont you think?

Irony,
paradoxical in its nature
Yet you give a response of predictable anger without any conception of the question.
So my question to you would be why are you angry if you need clarification on my question.
Ironic dont you think?
Just muted you mate.
Seems you are here just to disagree with everything said.
🙂

The anger my friend is a red face attached with regular abandonment to the bottom of my post. Without even understanding the question. Maybe a rule that should be added that people posting angry faces everywhere should at the very least have a viable reason. this post was just a little amusement. not even meant for anyone to even read really let alone be angry about. To be blunt. How can you put an angry face on a post then ask why the post was made. (Shakes my head) Anyway forget it

Back