New receiver ? : TM-F3/5-HD

And by all accounts it still has problems with the new patch will TM ever learn or even listen to its Consumers who actually own the product

I can Guarantee the Flaw in the Gui has not been fixed

No Need to Manic i stuck it on a Job and got a DrHD D15 instead LOL

@digi247
Will the DrHD D15 work for iptv? I know the Tm-F3/5 does cos I'm looking to upgrade my 5402

Last edited by a moderator:
@digi247
Will the DrHD D15 work for iptv? I know the Tm-F3/5 does cos I'm looking to upgrade my 5402

The D15 and TM F3/5 are identical so what works on the F3/5 works on the D15 so yes IPTV does work

There is at the moment 1 little niggle and that is it only has 40 biss keys and the F3/5 has 100 but i am in contact with someone from DrHD part of the software team and they have already got one function back working that was disregarded and have been told they are now working on the others.

The firmware is pretty much identical including working Patch/softcams so what you get on the D15 goes onto the F3/5 and vice versa

Regards

digi247

would you comment about tuner sensitivity of TM3/5
Is It same with D15 or TM5402 claimed to be top notch

new 'Super' TM receivers in the pipeline, based on the same chipset as the Solo2, Duo2, etc, the TM-nano-Super, TM-2T-Super and TM-Twin-Super. Software has been available for nearly a year now, but looks like TM is testing testing and more testing this time round

this is taken from my blog from last november m8, talking about the nano and 2t super models

would you please point out to source of above statement

Hi digidude
Is there any firmware you would recommend for the TM F3/5 from the DR15 downloads available ? I see the patches are up to 132p.

Cheers Billy

Hi digidude
Is there any firmware you would recommend for the TM F3/5 from the DR15 downloads available ? I see the patches are up to 132p.

Cheers Billy

You cannot Run the Patches from the DrHD D15 on the TM F3/5 you have to use the specific TM patches

The D15 and TM F3/5 are identical so what works on the F3/5 works on the D15 so yes IPTV does work

There is at the moment 1 little niggle and that is it only has 40 biss keys and the F3/5 has 100 but i am in contact with someone from DrHD part of the software team and they have already got one function back working that was disregarded and have been told they are now working on the others.

The firmware is pretty much identical including working Patch/softcams so what you get on the D15 goes onto the F3/5 and vice versa

Regards

Sorry mate must have read this wrong.

Yes my fault the Hardware is identical but the Firmware will have small tweaks for each manufacturers box, there is a way to run one firmware from one box on another brand by changing a few lines with a hex editor.

Personally its not worth it and you could brick your box, Just stick to the official firmware for your receiver

Yes my fault the Hardware is identical but the Firmware will have small tweaks for each manufacturers box, there is a way to run one firmware from one box on another brand by changing a few lines with a hex editor.

Personally its not worth it and you could brick your box, Just stick to the official firmware for your receiver

Gotcha mate,
Get hex editor and do my own thing :Doc:

digi247

digi247

A Guide to Blind Scan range with latest software issued by the Phantom March 8th to 11th 2014

TM5302HD-------------S/W 8th March 800 to 45,000 symbol rate range with no errors

TM5402HD M1 ---------S/W 138p .....2200 to 45,000 symbol rate range with 45,000 error occurring when other s/r in use,

TM5402HD M2 ---------S/W 138p .....2800 to 45,000 symbol rate range with 45,000 error occurring when other s/r in use,

TM6900HD Combo Super+S/W 758p .....1900 to 45,000 Symbol rate range with no errors,

TM_F3/5 HD-----------S/W 112p......1000 to 45,000 symbol rate range....(Issue with adding non existent transponders is probably due to the
Network scan kicking in when not selected & not a Blind Scan fault).Phantom please investigate.

Conclusion the TM5302HD is by far the best blind Scan receiver followed by the TM_F3/5 & TM6900HD Super+,
The TM5402HD series are good receivers but just restricted in the software to a narrower symbol rate range
& the error that will not go away.

Good work by the Phantom in getting the best that is possible out of these receivers.​

All credit goes to william 1 from another site.

Last edited:
A Guide to Blind Scan range with latest software issued by the Phantom March 8th to 11th 2014

TM5302HD-------------S/W 8th March 800 to 45,000 symbol rate range with no errors

TM5402HD M1 ---------S/W 138p .....2200 to 45,000 symbol rate range with 45,000 error occurring when other s/r in use,

TM5402HD M2 ---------S/W 138p .....2800 to 45,000 symbol rate range with 45,000 error occurring when other s/r in use,

TM6900HD Combo Super+S/W 758p .....1900 to 45,000 Symbol rate range with no errors,

TM_F3/5 HD-----------S/W 112p......1000 to 45,000 symbol rate range....(Issue with adding non existent transponders is probably due to the
Network scan kicking in when not selected & not a Blind Scan fault).Phantom please investigate.

Conclusion the TM5302HD is by far the best blind Scan receiver followed by the TM_F3/5 & TM6900HD Super+,
The TM5402HD series are good receivers but just restricted in the software to a narrower symbol rate range
& the error that will not go away.

Good work by the Phantom in getting the best that is possible out of these receivers.​

All credit goes to william 1 from another site.

just a C+P from TMcommunity and they are just the personal view of @william-1 at his receiving site with his equipment.... ive owned a TM5302HD and the only good features it has above the others are it finds very low sr rates on a blind scan and has a very good transport stream info feature but its lacking in other area,s like the biss input,27.5west issue and the fact is uses a piss poor editor for channel lists. the TM F3/5 is a DR-HD D15 in another case with slightly different tweaks. @digi247 can give his take on things as he owns a TM5402HD M1 and DR-HD D15 now and has owned the DR-HD F15 and the TM F3/5. regards mdt

I am getting one of these receivers tomorrow and would like to know which patch to use for 27.5W?

I am assuming there is no need for the 002 add on either?

Back