New receiver ? : TM-F3/5-HD

This is the latest software package:Download center
Choose the most recent file.It includes channel list and patch software specifically for 27.5W.You don't need any add-ons.Cheers

Last edited:
Okay, I have patched the F3/5 and it is all up and running.

I have a 5402HD M2 as well, so was interested in the differences (if any), here are my very early impressions between the two:
First up and the main difference is the picture quality, the M2 is much better, in fact, even my wife noticed it, on the HD channels there is a lack of definition with the F3/5 whereas the M2 is simply stunning, many people may not really notice but when you compare them side by side there is a distinct difference.
GUI is basically the same on both machines, the F3/5 does have a few more useless additions such as IPTV and a calculator!
There are no lip-sync issues with the F3/5, although I have just upgraded the FW on the M2 to the latest 140p and it seems better than previous so maybe not such an issue now.
The F3/5 has two USB inputs, one on the back and one on the front, whereas the M2 only has the single one on the rear.
No SCART output on the F3/5, shouldn't bother too many people as we all use HDMI now.
BISS and CAS exactly the same i.e. accessed via 8280 and 8281 on both machines.
The tuners seem about the same, probably the F3/5 is slightly less sensitive, a little 'flatter' and more even.
3G modem setting.
No need for the 002 add-on file.
FTP.
On-board user manual as well as printed one.

So, in conclusion, the only real drawback of the F3/5 is the poorer picture quality, that said, I bought mine on fleabay for £95 + £10 delivery to Spain, whereas the M2 cost me £145 including delivery from Amazon.

I will not compromise on picture quality as I am viewing on a 55" Samsung LED TV, but for smaller TVs and 'less-fussy' people it is a really good box.

All opinions expressed are my own.

Intrigued to see what the new 5402HD M3 will be like, hopefully, the picture quality will match the M2.

Last edited:
Okay, I have patched the F3/5 and it is all up and running.

I have a 5402HD M2 as well, so was interested in the differences (if any), here are my very early impressions between the two:
First up and the main difference is the picture quality, the M2 is much better, in fact, even my wife noticed it, on the HD channels there is a lack of definition with the F3/5 whereas the M2 is simply stunning, many people may not really notice but when you compare them side by side there is a distinct difference.
GUI is basically the same on both machines, the F3/5 does have a few more useless additions such as IPTV and a calculator!
There are no lip-sync issues with the F3/5, although I have just upgraded the FW on the M2 to the latest 140p and it seems better than previous so maybe not such an issue now.
The F3/5 has two USB inputs, one on the back and one on the front, whereas the M2 only has the single one on the rear.
No SCART output on the F3/5, shouldn't bother too many people as we all use HDMI now.
BISS and CAS exactly the same i.e. accessed via 8280 and 8281 on both machines.
The tuners seem about the same, probably the F3/5 is slightly less sensitive, a little 'flatter' and more even.
3G modem setting.
No need for the 002 add-on file.
FTP.
On-board user manual as well as printed one.

So, in conclusion, the only real drawback of the F3/5 is the poorer picture quality, that said, I bought mine on fleabay for £95 + £10 delivery to Spain, whereas the M2 cost me £145 including delivery from Amazon.

I will not compromise on picture quality as I am viewing on a 55" Samsung LED TV, but for smaller TVs and 'less-fussy' people it is a really good box.

All opinions expressed are my own.

Intrigued to see what the new 5402HD M3 will be like, hopefully, the picture quality will match the M2.

The F3/5 only has one at the front there is no USB at the back.

I was just about to post the same about the 2 USB's which in hindsight is a massive flaw on this receiver but seems to have been remedied on the New 5402HD M3 receiver with both USB front and back

Sorry my fault, yes the F3/5 only has one USB on the front, it is behind the CI slot cover so needs to be open if you want to plug it in, if you are using a HDD for recording you do not want the flap open all the time nor the lead showing at the front.

Thanks dantis - so my only concern now is that if the new M3 is 'physically' an M2 with an F3/5 inside, as to what the new M3 picture quality will be too mate! i.e. will it use the M2 picture quality component or the F3/5 - whichever takes precedence I suppose!
I get my new M3 this weekend, so will report back, maybe in a new M3 thread!!

Picture Quality will more than likely be the same as whats in the F3/5 and i would imagine it still suffers from that GUI Bug where it is only rendered correctly @720p resolution.

Picture Quality and Gui Bug is also present in the other Clones of the Model DrHD D15 & Clarke Tech 4100

Picture Quality will more than likely be the same as whats in the F3/5 and i would imagine it still suffers from that GUI Bug where it is only rendered correctly @720p resolution.

Picture Quality and Gui Bug is also present in the other Clones of the Model DrHD D15 & Clarke Tech 4100

Ok mate, so thats presumably why Phantom has requested the M3 'fine' settings feedback by using the F1 button in an attempt to try to incorporate it into a future patch?

He posted
Vformat button next to F1 can be used to adjust as well.
After adjustment press ok to save/Exit

Vformat is 720p1080i etc.

Ah right, I see - NOW!!
Dont forget I havent yet got my M3, so not familiar wirth its remote - ok I have PDF of manual, but havent really read it ALL until I get my box mate!!

Back