New punchbag, what to fill it wi?

TheCheekyMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a fair idea, just wondering on personal recomendations, i really should of bought it filled it wasnt much more, but thats what happens when you buy shiit on ebay when your pizzled on homebrew wine after watching rocky.

so the fruits of my movie watching ;) have arrived , ive got a fiar idea what to fill it with i.e. bagged up old rags / shredded foam etc etc, but just wondered if anyone had any personal rec`s.

incidently, the rocky bit is a lie, but unfortunatley for me the homebrew wine bit is true, so very true the morning after, top wine, but bad hangover!

:beer::drunk::ymca::sad::sick:

Last edited:
yeah but ive punched one filled with just sand and after a while it aint pretty, i was thinking bags of cut rags, old clothes etc with maybe a core of sand to give it a bit of oomph.

i took the stuffing out of mine and put in 3 or 4 sand bags which certainly shocks my friends but it is very much like concrete so i wouldnt recommend it. if you want it realistic (not too light) i would recommend a couple of layers of carpet or underlay then 2 bags of sand in the middle.

Fill with cloth. Then pack it tight. If it's too loose you'll have a deformed punching bag that will be too soft and uncomfortable to hit.

Use fine sand at the bottom to keep the punch bag essentially a "heavy bag" and keep it's shape. Fill the outer wall with cloth

I filled mine with stuff I had laying around. Play sand in a canvas bag at the bottom. Then lined in side with foam underlay about 1cm thick. Then filled inside with tightly packed rags. Its a 5 foot and now weights around 35kg, wish it could be a bit heavier but I don't have a permanent place to put it so I need it light enough that I can hand and unhang it. Because I use it for kickboxing and not just boxing I have it anchored at the bottom at well.

You don't want it to heavy else you will end up injuring your hands or wrist more likely. Check out youtube for tips and I would suggest some 14oz gloves to begin with if you have never used a punch bag before. The number of people that have come to my place and just thrown a wild haymaker (must be a man think) and ended up spraining their wrist, its not even funny.

Anyway, I could tell the story about my mates punchbag that he bought down the market years ago. We wanted to repack it to make it heavier and when we opened it up we found it filled with ladies knickers, don't know if they were used or not lol

lol yeah, fill me up a chav bag, its only 4 foot, and most of the tw@ts round here are at leat 5.5 ft so unless i`m good at folding ;)

cheers all, i`m gonna go the old rag / clothes root with a bit of sand in the bottom to keep it bottom heavy, maybe some old heavy curtains as well. Ive used a bag before, but all previous ones have been prefilled just not this one ;)

stuff it as full as possible with old clothes, thats wot i used to do, works a treat

you could stuff it with sawdust /shavings your local timber company would let you take as much as you like to get rid of it

I would have thought shavings are too light judging by the bags of bedding the rodent pets use.

Not sure about sawdust, I would have thought it has the same effect as sand and makes the punch bag too hard.

lol yeah, fill me up a chav bag, its only 4 foot, and most of the tw@ts round here are at leat 5.5 ft so unless i`m good at folding ;)

cheers all, i`m gonna go the old rag / clothes root with a bit of sand in the bottom to keep it bottom heavy, maybe some old heavy curtains as well. Ive used a bag before, but all previous ones have been prefilled just not this one ;)

four foot ??
u can have my wife and stick her in it .. i will help u punch it after

lol sorry mate, no can do , the constant sqealing would put me off ;)

anyways ive started filling it got it half done, ive just shredded aload of curtains me ma gave me and put about 3 kgs of sand in a strong garden bag in the middle, its definately gonna be heavy enough, just need to fill it fully now and jobs a goodun ;)

what about putting a gro-bag in it or bag of grass cuttings.

failing that take one Celtic supporter fold him in half stuff the fecker in using as much force as necessary. the whinging will stop after a while.

Digitalworldz Does Not Condone the Use of Celtic supporters in Pubchbags

what about putting a gro-bag in it or bag of grass cuttings.

failing that take one Celtic supporter fold him in half stuff the fecker in using as much force as necessary. the whinging will stop after a while.

Digitalworldz Does Condone the Use of Rangers supporters in Pubchbags

No it wont :roflmao:

its done now, not sure of weight will check when i can find the scales, but yeah solid had a good 20 minutes on it tonight (to be honest was knackered after shredding and stuffing for 3 hours lol.)

just need some decent gloves now , seen a pair or blitz 14 oz on ebay for £8 which will do, little bit heavier than i wanted but hey there £8 (used) , will pick up some bag mitts as well.

twas well worth the pissing about filling it, absolutley knackered myself out today on the fooker , really good though, been doing the weights afor a few weeks , was really sore first few days, but my arms killing today, years since ive hit the bag (take from that what you want ;) ) but yeah enjoying it now, speedball next ;) then two weeks time trampoline fight ;) ...............i`ll post video if it can manage it

got the gloves, may as well of been brand new, bit big at 14oz for the bag but well worth it for £8

Back