New Printer

nowuckinfurries

DW Regular
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a laser printer/all in one? With kids off school we are going thru loads of printing and our injet is on it's last legs and not printing correctly. Don't want one as big as a tanker and all in one would be good.

Cheers

Last edited:
I would check out if you can get cheap cartridges from eBay before deciding on what to buy. We always go for epsoms. We have xp-415 at home, and at work, we have xp600, xp800 and xp900. The only issue is they have a ink pad life span but you can reset the counter for a £5 from ebay.

I would check out if you can get cheap cartridges from eBay before deciding on what to buy. We always go for epsoms. We have xp-415 at home, and at work, we have xp600, xp800 and xp900. The only issue is they have a ink pad life span but you can reset the counter for a £5 from ebay.

They are all ink jets Laser is far cheaper per page full colour is max 5p compared

HP LaserJet Pro M283FDW Wireless Colour Printer with Wi-Fi & Instant-On Technology, White at John Lewis & Partners

Is what I got for the parents, it has scan to email which makes life easy (setup different email addresses and you can scan and email at the same time) but if you font need that then there are prob cheaper options.

I use a konia minalta c3850fs, which is fantastic but a bit big and prob overkill for your needs

replacing the toners costs more that the Printer itself.

and yet I keep coming back to your recommendation Jonmmm....cause she's really nagging now

and yet I keep coming back to your recommendation Jonmmm....cause she's really nagging now

Its a really great printer, you can get copy toners for a lot less, but have not had to replace to originals yet

initial outlay and replacement toner dosen't justify outlay as I don't think we print enough.
Anyone use HP Instant ink subscription?

Got a Epson xp-320 I think. Best printer I ever got. Easy to use and the ink is dirt cheap from ebay. You can get ink cartridges for like £1 on eBay. The printer I had before that they were £40+ and lasted the same amount of time. I bought 30 caridiges when I first got the printer(4+ years ago)and still have about 5-10 left.

Epson is the way to go.

This will probably be no help but similar to the lad above, I got a Canon IP7250 (I think this one is discontinued) for £44.99 from canon 2 yr warranty, and 33 sets of 5 inks off ebay for 56.97 which was way too much.

Ink.JPG

My two were at uni and the wife was going to buy 1 set of genuine inks for it for nearly the same price, one of them done a fashion degree so printed loads of full colour, It does two sided (duplex) and even prints CDs/DVDs remember them! It says it’s printed 2051 – 2100 pages which works out at around 5p a page including the price of the printer, the amount of ink left is stupid.
We leave it switched on permanently and up to now has not needed the heads cleaning. It may be worth checking out the replacement for this printer or a similar one.

I dropped my phone yesterday and cracked the screen, I think this has affected the camera as the pic is awful.Ink.JPG

I was just thinking "I hope his printer is better resolution than his camera" then I read the last line 😂 😂 😂

Edit..........maybe broke the focus coil on the camera so lens unable to move.

I was just thinking "I hope his printer is better resolution than his camera" then I read the last line 😂 😂 😂

Edit..........maybe broke the focus coil on the camera so lens unable to move.

Ha Ha, actually the printer does superb full colour prints, if I told you the phone is a windows phone o_O you'll realise it don't matter too much.

Ha Ha, actually the printer does superb full colour prints, if I told you the phone is a windows phone o_O you'll realise it don't matter too much.
Know what you mean about the Windows phone, lol. I replaced the charger port in an HTC Titan yesterday. What a load of crap 😂

It was probably the best windows phone made, HP Elite X3 is 4 year old design now and windows mobile stopped doing updates in december2019 so will make me go to android :rolleyes:

Back