new pc

andyboyrfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi ther

i just bought a new pc ther and was wondering isf thers a easy way to transfare
all my stuff off the old HD onto the new 1
if so can u tell me what cables i need and the cheapest (if its possible that is)

Andy, probably the easiest way is (if your ok with taken your PC apart) to remove the HDD from your old machine and attach it to your new machine (as a slave drive), then you should be able to copy all your data over.
How much data have you got to move..?

lone.gunman said:
Andy, probably the easiest way is (if your ok with taken your PC apart) to remove the HDD from your old machine and attach it to your new machine (as a slave drive), then you should be able to copy all your data over.
How much data have you got to move..?

a think a will give that a go m8 that sounds the easy way to go. thers about 30gb of stuff i want ie music and games

cheers for the help bud thanks again:Cheers:

lone.gunman said:
NW m8y, if you need any more help, just ask ;)

a dare say a will be needing some help with it m8 and thanks again for your help

If you got two pcs both with lan connection and if you are not comfortable taking your pc apart then you can just network them. Admittedly the transfer may take a bit longer as its limited by network speed. But agree just taking the hdd out is the quickest and easiest.

Even better though its just to keep both pcs and use one just as a server. Handy if you have an xbox and dbox running on the network too and will also give you extra storage expansion options. .Buy a KVM switch and have them both running using the same monitor.

Back