new online kv a850 updates

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as your well aware your old boxes are now off:FRIGHT:now kv have allowed the public to use a c/s to get box working:Bounce::banana:thanks guys as you did not have have the heart to make them doorstops.
online updates via internet adds you to add server details how ?? " my thoughts are now that newcamd is mentioned you acquire a nline and where to stick it?? anything in network to add your details as a CWS**************************************** ?? "

the reason my thought is on this protek boxes have the newcamd built in so cannot use cccam.

enjoy it if you get it working:proud:

success someone hit that nail:hubbahubba::banana::grab:

he did it this way.

N: web.address zzzzz xxxxxx yyyyy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You get this from provider

Convert web address provided to ip and enter this on first option
zzzzz is your port
xxxxx is your user id
yyyyyy is your password
0102.... Without spaces
Active = yes
wait for couple of minutes
not connected should change to connected

you are good to go

i scanned channels before entering this info. Not sure if makes any difference.

yes best to scan for channels and make a note of your providers details.

you may also want to use a hostname to ip address lookup like whatsmyipaddress.com

what lines to use update,as i stated above box uses newcamd.
nline to use has to be newcamd protocol to open channels.
cline or using nline with mgcamd wont work

ask your provider for a nline with newcamd protocol only.

enjoy.

From the outlay of how the detailes are entered above especially seeing as the KV's are closed source receiver you cant use a CWS = the layout looks identical to both the Blade and Technomate type receivers on how to enter your details

box can update by online software update,or get it from downloads.

ooops forgot once base new firmware has been added from downloads one can online update to new firmware to let you use mgcamd protocol added = cable n line

do you have to update the FW buy the update on the box or rs232 thanks

if box has old kv server firmware that wont work ,new firmware in downloads and done by usb,read the setup guides for flashing the 850 model.

Back