New Motorbike but can't decide which one...

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new bike....

Was either looking at:

1. 2002 Kawasaki ZX9R
2. 2002 Honda CBR900RR
3. 2002 Suzuki GSXR 750

I've rode R6 before and wasn't that impressed with it...Gixxer 600 K3 is a nice ride but I want to move up to a bigger engine (plus I'm still gaining weight lol)

Anyone had any experience of the 3 bikes above and any preference?

Personally I'm edging towards the ZX9R.... :)

Had a cbr900rr my self, When they first came out, the Tiger colours.. Great bike until it tried to mount a metro car. :) Took a while to get used to it, had a VFR750 brfore it, much more of a lean forward..

Well the gixxer 600 is nice but I just want something a it bigger....As I said didn't like R6 and ZX6R is too cramped for my liking...

I do like the ZX9R but I'm thinking should I just stick to what I know and get the gixxer 750....Hard decisions lol

Well I know what my next bike is going to be, just saving the pennies for it. It has to be a kawasaki as I have green and black leathers and sidi boots, lol sooo rather than change them I have to buy a zx10, it's the only choice really :)

I would like a 1000cc but to be honest can't justify it....I mean my usage would be across Severn Bridge an back which ain't far...Plus if I get a 750 Gixxer in yellow I can keep my Sidi Vertebra boots and yellow/black leathers until I save up a bit more money for new leathers...Plus the difference in insurance between a 600 and 750 makes it pointless in getting a 600 lol

Insurance is a killer on a 10R aswell.......Ahh well I've got a few days free I might pop over Bike Dealers and test ride a few :)

I would go for the CBR900RR easy to ride and a great engine the next choice would have been the ZXR another great bike, infact all motorbikes are great.

Looks like you have already made up your mind what you really want!!

Have owned both the blade and gixer,and would have to say they are like chalk and cheese.

The blade is not quite as focused as the gixer meaning that you will have to put less riding effort to go as fast on it compared to the gixer,i bet if you timed yourself over your favourite road you would be quicker on the blade or less you are very quick or have raced.

On the every day roads that you will ride on (badly surfaced etc) the blade will be more forgiving and more enjoyable to ride, wrong gear for the corner just open her up and she will pull away,down a gear or two on the gixer though.

AS you can probably tell iam a fan of the honda,plenty about and they don't fall to bits like the suzuki over time.

Look at the big picture insurance, service costs, resale values etc before you part with your hard earned cash.

Haven,t had a go on the Kawasaki so can't comment sorry (but do they really make a bad sports bike these days)

I think the proof is going to be in the pudding....Or the riding lol......

Hopefully I can get a test ride on all 3....My gixxer 600 was my 1st real bike although I have riden R6/636...I found the Gixxer to be quite a stable ride even when I did overcook the odd bend....R6 was just tooo scatty for my liking....

I've heard ppl say the same things about the zx9r as you have said about the blade...fast, easy to ride and forgiving....Like you said there aint gonna be much between em...

Brings back memories I had a 600 fireblade when i was younger awsome Id go for the honda lovely bikes to ride.

Well,
I have had all sorts of sports bikes, just sold my 600 gixer and am pottering about on a triumph Bonneville, its nice in town but once you get on a fast road you do miss the power and fairing.

The bottom line is go for the one you are comfortable on.

DD

Hmmm....I'm not convinced on the R1...Fast Yes...Nice ride Not so sure.....

Back