Hardware New Laptop

Just realised it's a 15.6 so too big....

Like I said it's a bloody minefield

Nothing I see looks as good for the money. As soon as any tech Guru says it looks ok I'm pressing buy.

It looks good for the money, and it'll run Office packages.

I've had my Dell Studio for over 7 years now, and apart from the battery, it's still going strong. That said, you'll probably want to replace it once she starts her GCSEs.

She will probably pinch my Mac by then.....:) plus she can hand it down to her brother who is 3 years younger.

I'm in the same boat but my daughter is older (18) she is starting college next week, I'd be quite happy with the Medion except the battery life is only 4 hours any other suggestions for roughly £500, i3 or better
any help greatly appreciated
Regards
D

I woudn`t worry to much about battery life. 4 hours is pretty decent compared with other that last 2 hours. she can keep the laptop plugged in. For £500 you can find a good laptop for college and like avid said dell are pretty good for that.

Thanks Mishu
I would agree with you if that were possible, but she won't be able to leave it plugged in, she will be going from room to hall for class lectures etc, and I doubt the college would allow that anyway, as if they allow one to do it they will all want to, and there wouldn't be enough sockets, aside from that I don't like Dell machines
Regards
D

Thanks Mishu
I would agree with you if that were possible, but she won't be able to leave it plugged in, she will be going from room to hall for class lectures etc, and I doubt the college would allow that anyway, as if they allow one to do it they will all want to, and there wouldn't be enough sockets, aside from that I don't like Dell machines
Regards
D
Is there any software she needs?

Some Chromebooks claim a battery life of 13 hours! But if she needs to use software that's Windows or OS X only, then Chrome OS isn't going to be an option for her.

Hi LP
thanks for the reply
She would be used to windows so I suppose it will have to be that operating system, although she has used Macs and has an Iphone, she also prefers the Chrome broser than Firefox so I don't really know, I'll ask
Regards
D

Back