New laptop with vista on it

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
New laptop with vista on it, which am not very. Impress with
Lots of my older programs will not run on it
Is it poss I can change to window xp within the laptop ??

first thing you shoud dois check of laptop drivers site and see if there is xp drivers for your make and model if there is, just a simpkle format and reinstall correct drivers.

You could also dual boot xp and vista if you felt comfortable setting that up.

However, I would give Vista a try. I think it's really good. What software is it that doesn't run?

Before you install a different opperating system on to your nice new laptop, check that you will not invalidate its warrenty. If has been known for several compaines to walk away as you have altered the original spec of the machine.

Simple n easiest to do if you are afraid of invalidateing your Warranty....
Buy another 2.5" HDD, FORMAT it---take the one out that has Vista on it, install New un n install XP on it..
BUT! Make sure you got ALL drivers first and with the FireWire n Sound drivers there is a util, (utilities driver) install that first or ya sound might not work..

Simple n easiest to do if you are afraid of invalidateing your Warranty....
Buy another 2.5" HDD, FORMAT it---take the one out that has Vista on it, install New un n install XP on it..
BUT! Make sure you got ALL drivers first and with the FireWire n Sound drivers there is a util, (utilities driver) install that first or ya sound might not work..

wouldnt taking a drive out void the warrenty?? i dont think they would have a problem with another os beign on a laptop anyway

right click the program your trying to run. go to properties and itss labled compatability mode somewhere in there. i will double check for more detailed info as soon as i can get my vista lappy for you mate. also at this stage vista is crap im waiting for the service pack hopefully this will stop the issues i havebeen having if not xp here i come

To run in compatibilty mode...

Right click on the program icon.
Choose properties --> then Compatibilty
Tick the box 'Run in compatibilty mode for' and choose xp from drop down menu.

You can also tick run as adminstrator.

I have more people happy with Vista now. It's not crap but just a learning process ..

To run in compatibilty mode...

Right click on the program icon.
Choose properties --> then Compatibilty
Tick the box 'Run in compatibilty mode for' and choose xp from drop down menu.

You can also tick run as adminstrator.

I have more people happy with Vista now. It's not crap but just a learning process ..

i like some of the fetures of vista but i dont like it when it takes an update from ms and knocks of my wireless drivers for the fun of it. thats why im not keen on it at the mo. pluss ive found it quiet slow but hopefully this will get sorted by one of the service packs

before putting XP on it, MAKE SURE you can get the XP drivers for every bit of hardware on that maodel of laptop...otherwise you will be up poo creak.

Back