New iphone will you be getting it?

Just wondering are any of you folks getting the new iphone?

If so what on?

Contract or pay as you go

I'll wait a few weeks to get everyone else's reviews of it.

If it is without many flaws then yea I will probably be buying one on contract as this one runs out next month.

dont know, I dont really care about that as I am an o2 customer anyway.

Plus, I pay pretty much the same on my contract as they are asking for iPhone contracts, so suits me :)

lol

i think we can install custom apps now with the SDK the firmware contains

What is it this hack provides now?

I remember hacking my ipod touch but i have now sold that!

you can hack an ipod?

what can yo do with it?

i hacked my SE w810i and put a custom sound driver in and it kicks ass

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Yes you can hack the ipod touch

the ipod touch is similar to the iphone i was able to hack it when i had it and install custom applications on it. Very similar to the iphone the difference being it just isn't a phone lol! In general it would do most things an iphone would do.

Of late i haven't kept upto date with the latest developments of it, so unsure what is going on now!

you can hack an ipod?

what can yo do with it?

i hacked my SE w810i and put a custom sound driver in and it kicks ass

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Is this the firmware the iphone 3g will carry?

i probably will get it on contract when it is out although i am on contract currently it is due to expire in November!

yes mate that is correct

The latest firmware 2.0 has NOT been hacked fully yet. You can unlock the iPhone but you will not be able to install any other extra apps as the installer.app will not go on.

Give it a couple of weeks though and I'm sure there will be a work around. As I am on PAYG the 3g will make no difference to me.

The size of the IPHONE puts me off... so i'm opting for a MDA HTC Diamond instead.

I will be getting this beast in the next couple of weeks...:banana:

Also, im thinking of getting the IPOD Touch 32GB for watching movies on the train, again not too fond of the size...... but i'm getting it cheap :Clap:

Just wondering are any of you folks getting the new iphone?

If so what on?

Contract or pay as you go

yeah Apple have done a clever thing designing the new iPhone to support business features like Cisco VPN's and Microsoft ActiveSync (push email etc). Quite a few companies I know are now considering getting them for field-based employees.

Still a few technical & security concerns - particularly regarding centrally applying policies to the phones to stop users them filling their work iPhones up with dodgy films and music... But for their price, new iPhone could now really be a serious player in the Windows Mobile/PDA/Blackberry corporate-user market.

Back