new improved XBOX360 elite announced

sneaky

Seems like a bit of sneaky way to make more money to me, wonder if they release another hard drive for your current xbox360 & with the new colour, you will need new peripherals if you want to keep everything matched.

New 360

Anybody else feel cheated by M$?
I pre ordered christmas 2005 what i thought was a cutting edge console, now a year and a bit in they have replaced it with a newer model.
At least the PS1 and PS2 had years between the shape shifting.
I'm on my 3rd box now, with the other 2 having the 3 red lights of death

cheated no not at all,if you wanna change the colour of your shell you can do so now,all the black accesories and the 120 gig hd will be available seperatly,the only advantage this has is the hdmi output which to be honest isnt that much of a picture improvement

ms have mearly bowed to market demand/reacted to competition from sony

id imagine stores such as game will do you a trade up option too

What are the advantages over the HDMI to the current HD facilities that are on offer in the existing 360?

dc,

Advantages are that 99.9% of HD tv's have HDMI ports while only a few have a vga input which you can run full hd (1080p) images.

To get 1080p from the current 360 which doesnt have a HDMI port you need a tv allowing 1080p via vga

But if your tv is under 50" then you cant tell the difference between 1080p and 1080i images anyway.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Dom

Last edited:
What I was wondering is how to get those game saves and downloads off the smaller HDD and transferred onto the 120GB one?

Well I hope they have got there act together regs to the BGA soldering on the chips. Its just not on the heat sink in the current 360 GPU is piss. It should be at least copper and that paste is very low grade even if there was sticky heat mesh between the chip and sinks to hold it in place when it runs down
the mainboard and also THIS would the BGA chip poping of when it over heats
but I suppose that would add an extra 70p to the costs. the fans could at least be running at 6 volts from the word go to stop the cheap board from warping and bigger feet on the bottom when it's in the upright position to give better cooling.The GPU/CPU could be in sockets so they can upgrade and be better than ps3 and they could leave the drives alone they will have more console sales from buyers who can play clone games on there consoles
rather than buy a ps3 MS take heed I have two white junk boxes I don't
want a black one: whip :

so all you Xbox360 fans..who ripping off? Sony or Microsft and you dont even get HD-Player

so all you Xbox360 fans..who ripping off? Sony or Microsft and you dont even get HD-Player

I dont feel ripped off at all i dont see any need for the hdmi the now anyway and ill just buy a larger hard drive for it when they come available and i bought the hd dvd drive beacuse i wanted to but i know plenty of people who dont have hd tv so they wouldnt need the hd dvd drive or a blu ray player like how microsoft give you the choice also if blu ray wins the battle then microsoft might bring out a external blu ray addon maybe

Back