New image openpli

icemen

DW Member +
Reaction score
im currently on openvix but having issues with iptv freezing. Ive been advised to flash image again with no restore. I always been on openvix so thought i have change. did a bit searching and found out of openatv and openpli, the later is the fastest image. Is this correct. Shall i download from the box from image manager and flash from box or from internet onto usb stick and flash usual way via usb port?
Before I load new image what will I need to retrieve from vu control centre?
Oscam setting
mgcamd 1.45c
mg_cfg
newcamd.list
Any other folders i need so i can easily transfer back to box once new image loaded?
How do I extract these to my desktop so can transfer back onto box once new image loaded? Is it just copy and paste onto desktop?
Thanks

> Ive been advised to flash image again with no restore.
You were advised to flash vix agian and not restore settinsg/plugins OR flash another image. Two different options

Restore of settings/plugins applies to the same image. So not applicable to you.

>did a bit searching and found out of openatv and openpli, the later is the fastest image. Is this correct.
Yes, PLI seems a bit faster. But most plugins/function you are used to being included in Vix image will need to be installed. Few button presses on remote, so not a big deal.

>Shall i download from the box from image manager and flash from box or from internet onto usb stick and flash usual way via usb port?
Whatever you like, both will work. Do what is easiest for you. If you are going to flash by USB, why would you download to STB and then FTP to PC?

>Before I load new image what will I need to retrieve from vu control centre?
Nothing from VuCC. But get those mg_cfg and newcamd.list from STB although they are not used for IPTV. Most people have these saved on PC/Email, so need to do that if applicable to you. Best to move to oscam though.

Last edited:
Thanks abu

Does openpli have latest oscam in plugin downloads? Do you know what file is called?

Yes, PLI seems a bit faster. But most plugins/function you are used to being included in Vix image will need to be installed. Few button presses on remote, so not a big deal.

Also regarding above comments which plugins will i need to download?
ABM ?
EPG ?
XE ?

Can i add both tuners A and vu turbo tuner C?
Thanks

Oscam is a softcam and will be found in the softcam section of plugins. They have version 11579 on their server for 7.3 RC. Is that "latest" enough?

Whichever plugins you want. ABM seems to be a staple for UK users. I don't know which EPG acquisition method you use. If you use a plugin, you will need to install it. EPG Importer, CrossEPG, whichever you prefer. You will need to enable teh EPG readers you wnat to use. Vix has a few defaultd on, PLI have most of them off. Xtreme Editor is not on their plugin server, I don't think it is on OE-A image servers either. So I presume you have an ipk. You should be able to install it. If you get stuck , post the error and people will help.

>Can i add both tuners A and vu turbo tuner C?
What makes you ask? Why wouldn't you be able to?

You might want to install following if you use them:
system time, epg search, history zap selector, imdb

You can always install what you miss as you go along.

I use epg importer, is this best for uk user?
Is it just have to download to activate it and select providers.

system time? What is this? Surely the image must show the time. Where to download from?

Epg search? Never used it, what is this used for?

History zap selector? What is this used for?

Imbd? What is this?

Can someone pls give me link for extreme editor ipk. Think their website is playing up.

>I use epg importer, is this best for uk user?
There are about 6 methods of getting EPG. It also depends on which services you are receiving. If you were using EPG importer before, and want to continue using it, then install it.

Is it just have to download to activate it and select providers.
>EPG Importer functions the same across images.

>system time? What is this?
Plugin to allow you to dictate how the receiver keeps it's time. From plugin server. Use your remote.

>Surely the image must show the time.
They all do. It is about how it obtains and maintains time

>Where to download from?
From plugin server. Use your remote.

>Epg search? Never used it, what is this used for?
For making searches of the EPG and finding programs. No need to install it if you don't use it.

>History zap selector? What is this used for?
Zapping recently selected services. No need to install it if you don't use it.

> Imbd? What is this?
Plugin for searching IMDB. No need to install it if you don't use it.

About the different methods of epg. Which is the best and most accurate. Services are full uk sly and vermin. I only ever used epg importer.

Ok guys got new image on. Open pli 7.2. Need some help please

I manage to get softcam newcamd1.45.c from plugin downloads softcams.
However I don't know which Oscam to download, i'll attached a picture. I did keep the file from my previous image which I was trying to transfer via vucc & ftp to var/usr/softcams but now I cant find the softcam folder anymore? that file was called oscam latest.

Another issue is my cable usb vu turbo tuner, When I enable it, it is asking for a Network ID? what is this & where to get it from? i'll attached pic

Regarding EPG What is MHW epg?

I've downloaded ABM & system time

Attachments

• 20200710_180559.jpg
    20200710_180559.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200710_171048.jpg
    20200710_171048.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200710_165449.jpg
    20200710_165449.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
USB Tuner:
A. The is the same as ViX. Leave it as 00000 or use your NetID. Thereis a list on the forum for it, use the search box.
B. Before you waste your time on cable, have a look at the threads about Virgin Media and card sharing ending.

Softcam:
C. Install oscam that has 10497 in your screenshot
D. What are you trying to transfer? The softcam program (binary) or the softcam configuration files?

EPG
MHW is an EPG system that is used in some other countries

Back