New firmware 30-6-10

captainjack

Inactive User
Reaction score
So downloaded the new firmware and got a web interface that doesnt stream. Whats the point of that? You can change channels but you definitely cannot stream what you are watching. Why would you need to change channels of what you're watching over the net?

At this present moment in time I would strongly advise against purchasing this box as its just not up fully functional and there really is no timeline when this box will be working 100%.

The Dreambox DM500HD may cost approx. £70 more but it is fully functional plus there is a fan built in to cool the box. HD works but is esata only & you can record/timeshift as soon as you connect it up. It has full web functionality and lot more images/skins to update on.

Such a disappointing receiver in comparison to its rival, under delivers magnificently

So downloaded the new firmware and got a web interface that doesnt stream. Whats the point of that? You can change channels but you definitely cannot stream what you are watching. Why would you need to change channels of what you're watching over the net?

At this present moment in time I would strongly advise against purchasing this box as its just not up fully functional and there really is no timeline when this box will be working 100%.

The Dreambox DM500HD may cost approx. £70 more but it is fully functional plus there is a fan built in to cool the box. HD works but is esata only & you can record/timeshift as soon as you connect it up. It has full web functionality and lot more images/skins to update on.

Such a disappointing receiver in comparison to its rival, under delivers magnificently

Did you buy the box knowing it was in beta ???
It will be sorted out !!!

Dream was the same at the start

I did but at the very least I thought the HD functionality would be provided! Everything else is tolerable to some degree but not being able to record is a real let down. I've spoken to the manufacturers and was told end of June for both wifi module and HD facility. Called yesterday and a very unhelpful member of staff informed me not available and we dont know when it will be available.

So those that can afford to spend £250 on this box can stretch the budget for an additional £70 and just get a solution that works straight out of the box.

It's no secret that the box has lots of missing functions and any dates you hear from Technomate can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Dream Multimedia can stick their over priced DM500HD up their arses. They'll not get a penny from me until they stop their rediculous pricing structure.

Here is the latest image fix list

Tm-800- ur-30-6-10

Improvements and few functions fixed.

1-mgcamd1.35, mgcamd1.30 and mgcamd-config in blue pannel.
2-subtitle
3-teltext
4-when wrong channel list installed or pid
Auto recovery updating function.
5-Improved booting
6-some channels piexsolations.
7-volume level
8-Fix for {Technomate or starting message } in front display after downloading a new image or other circuminstances.
How to do it.
1-Insert usb with imge unzippt /OFF/ON play with stand by button untill you see miniroot wait to see box ip press menu download will start.
2nd part of download
1-inset USB with TM800_Boot0
2-off/on from rear wait until you see checking key /press menu it will take few seconds to finish

I would have look at the Vu+ SOLO its only £299 delivered by most dealers only £50 more than the tm800 and today is the first dev team release for the box from VTi "Vu+ Solo Team Image" - V0.1-1.07.2010 not bad for a box less than two weeks old more support is on the way from other dev teams!:banana::banana::banana:

The announcement for this firmware release contains so many basic spelling errors, I am beginning to think Technomate takes their work not so seriously.

--------------------------
Tm-800- ur-30-6-10

Improvements and few functions fixed.

1-mgcamd1.35, mgcamd1.30 and mgcamd-config in blue pannel.
PANEL, not PANNEL
2-subtitle
3-teltext
TELETEXT, not TELTEXT
4-when wrong channel list installed or pid
Auto recovery updating function.
5-Improved booting
6-some channels piexsolations.
PIXELATION, not PIEXSOLATIONS
7-volume level
8-Fix for {Technomate or starting message } in front display after downloading a new image or other circuminstances.
CIRCUMSTANCES not CIRCUMINSTANCES
How to do it.
1-Insert usb with imge unzippt /OFF/ON play with stand by button untill you see miniroot wait to see box ip press menu download will start.
IMAGE not IMGE, UNZIPPED not UNZIPPT, UNTIL not UNTILL
2nd part of download
1-inset USB with TM800_Boot0
INSERT not INSET
2-off/on from rear wait until you see checking key /press menu it will take few seconds to finish

--------------------------

If this was an exam paper, I would directly grade it F.

The announcement for this firmware release contains so many basic spelling errors, I am beginning to think Technomate takes their work not so seriously.

PANEL, not PANNEL
TELETEXT, not TELTEXT
PIXELATION, not PIEXSOLATIONS
CIRCUMSTANCES not CIRCUMINSTANCES
IMAGE not IMGE, UNZIPPED not UNZIPPT, UNTIL not UNTILL
INSERT not INSET

Yes it is poor, but I'll guarantee that their English is far better than most of our Korean. :)

I would have look at the Vu+ SOLO its only £299 delivered by most dealers only £50 more than the tm800 and today is the first dev team release for the box from VTi "Vu+ Solo Team Image" - V0.1-1.07.2010 not bad for a box less than two weeks old more support is on the way from other dev teams!:banana::banana::banana:

the main difference is that the Vu+ drivers needed to compile images, while not open source, are available to add to other open source CVS to build images from

this is technomates biggest mistake, and with only the one single image, they may as well have brought out another single tuner 6900 type receiver,as in my opinion, the tm800 is as open source as very other technomate receiver on the market,totally closed

even other E2 plugins wont work, atleast with thetm500/600 you can utilise other E1 plugins

a the moment its as good as a dm800 clone, except the clone can record, and use plugins, and has more images

c'mon technomate, give the people what they want

the main difference is that the Vu+ drivers needed to compile images, while not open source, are available to add to other open source CVS to build images from

this is technomates biggest mistake, and with only the one single image, they may as well have brought out another single tuner 6900 type receiver,as in my opinion, the tm800 is as open source as very other technomate receiver on the market,totally closed

even other E2 plugins wont work, atleast with thetm500/600 you can utilise other E1 plugins

a the moment its as good as a dm800 clone, except the clone can record, and use plugins, and has more images

c'mon technomate, give the people what they want

sorry digidude m8 but its not as good as dm800 clone yet!Many thing can be writen but i choose to wait a little bit more ,most annoying is picture start to break on most sd channels but hd works better!Signal is not problem cause the dish is perfectly installed(with satlook micro2 with spectrum ),i think that Sharp tuner is a very bad choise of tm!

regards

picture start to break on most sd channels but hd works better!Signal is not problem cause the dish is perfectly installed(with satlook micro2 with spectrum ),i think that Sharp tuner is a very bad choise of
tm!

Other than glitching in the evenings when my BB goes crap and CS can't keep up, mines been just fine. Maybe you're one of the unlucky few.

i think that Sharp tuner is a very bad choise of tm!

My TM800 tuner is spot on mate, the clone DM800 I had doesn't come close.

Infact, AFAIK you are the only person that has complained about the tuner.

I`m more than happy with the tm800 i only wish TM could produce an image that doesnt crash, i am now getting 5+ hours with latest image before the box just locks up with cogs in corner, so still has memory issue, the other thing they need to reslove quickly is the ability to record.

Well I must also be one of the unlucky ones also, I does not matter what image is used as soon as you put the box into standby and bring it back the picture starts to break up almost instantly. The odd thing is though as belmando has said it's sd channels that are the worst, HD channels seem to fair much better. Its also not an signal issue I can watch MBC beam on 26e with 33% signal fine but try 39e diema with 60% signal and it starts to break up. It's an image fix thats needed.

I can watch MBC beam on 26e with 33% signal fine but try 39e diema with 60% signal and it starts to break up. It's an image fix thats needed.

No.

You're needing to start watching some decent channels. ;)

Few members downgrading tm800 as they have nothings to do.
OK::: if few of you having so many problems can not deal with it
except correcting some spelling mistake of few developers from different countries different languages trying to help to make it better.
why not contact TM and explain your problems instead of going on and on about it
rat one of the member had problem TM collect and replaced it like water on fire he is happy had no problem since.why not all of you do the same ???.TM will collect and replace with no cost to you
I had mine since day one very happy with it knowing few functions not ready I do not see any logic in making such big deal out of it.
I am 100% sure few days from now all of you will be so happy having such good hardware and good image

I think that you will find that the developers do read this thread so why not tell them what is wrong with the box. I simply stated what I have found with the box I have. My box has never crashed and always comes out of standby. Clock looses time, this is the forum where the the images seem to be released first these days, so why not post the bugs here and the developers will be able to read what issues we have.

I reckon that any comments posted on here are either read by Technomate directly or the information is passed on.

I'd go so far as to say that DigitalWorldz is THE TM800 support forum.

Few members downgrading tm800 as they have nothings to do.
OK::: if few of you having so many problems can not deal with it
except correcting some spelling mistake of few developers from different countries different languages trying to help to make it better.
why not contact TM and explain your problems instead of going on and on about it
rat one of the member had problem TM collect and replaced it like water on fire he is happy had no problem since.why not all of you do the same ???.TM will collect and replace with no cost to you
I had mine since day one very happy with it knowing few functions not ready I do not see any logic in making such big deal out of it.
I am 100% sure few days from now all of you will be so happy having such good hardware and good image

hi m8

i did send a email to them but did not get any response ,but it might be a question that i asked concerning if it was a way to send my reciever back to them and get my money back if the Reciever does not fullfill my demands!Cause it has to match those specs that were announced to have.

regards

Last edited:
If comments / requests / bug reports are not noticed by those who need to see them, then i forward them all on myself. While progress may have slowed a little since the original launch, i can assure you that work is still ongoing daily, but great time differences mean that sometimes live communication is very difficult.

Hopefully by the end of the month ~ 95% of features will be sorted out

personally though, i still hope that the needed drivers will be released so other developers can attempt to create their own images

Back