New File Added: Vu+ Duo : openVIX 3.0.558 vuduo usb Ferrari V2

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by gsmtech:

Vu+ Duo : openVIX 3.0.558 vuduo usb Ferrari V2

MODDED VIX 3.0.558 For Ferarri VU DUO Clones with V2 Security Modules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OpenViX 3.0.558
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers

openvix: build 558
[skin_default] add zap timer clock.
[RecordTimer] add come missing AutoTimer code.
[EPG] tweak code to better detect ZapTimers.
[HdmiCec] tweak to try to stop unwanted commands. make a lot more images skinable,
also fall back to default skin if image is not available in skin,
save bloating skins with duplicate images that are same as default skin.

openvix: build 558
[openwebif] fix technomate remote and box pictures
[vuplus] dvb-modules Solo2 driver update.
[ebox] update drivers 10.1.2012

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup of your previous image before flashing.

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (28/6/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

* rytec - for his continued support.
* zoka.cc for his Picon sets
* All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
* All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
* Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
* Huevos for his work on blindscan
* Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
* Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi with this image would i just have to flash it using usb as i have V2 chip with kernal 3.1.1?
thanks

Hi with this image would i just have to flash it using usb as i have V2 chip with kernal 3.1.1?
thanks

Yes, Just reflash using USB, I am currently running this image on my V2 DUO Clone, I flashed it via USB

will tspanel 6.9 work with this image??

Yes, I have installed TS Panel 6.9 on this image as well as TS Media, both work fine. Just make sure you install the correct versions you need the versions for VU DUO with OE 2.0.

Tried it out last night on my duo clone which is the first gen clone not the Ferrari clone,
Image worked fine, Ferrari pluggin crashes so just remove that of you have the early
Duo clone,
Tspanel 6.9 doesn't work, but version 6.6 does work,
Installing ipk from USB crashes so FTP the ipk to tmp
Folder and installed fine,
Rats pluggin worked, imdb needs to be reinstalled for it too work,
So hardly much setting up needs to be done for anyone with the early
Clone, great image works great,
Will try it out for a week and see how it goes...

Tried it out last night on my duo clone which is the first gen clone not the Ferrari clone,
Image worked fine, Ferrari pluggin crashes so just remove that of you have the early
Duo clone,

Yes, I can confirm the Ferarri Addons manager plugin is broken, it gives a "bad bagic number" error also has an error when yuo go into the plugines screen related to Ferarri addons manager.
Just delete the folder for the ferarri manager via FTP to get rid of that plugin and the errors.

I removed the pluggin from the menu will double check to make sure the folder has been removed,
Tspanel 6.6 is working fine for me, I didn't try updating it from within the pluggin in case it breaks the pluggin or crashes the system,
Apart from that its a silky smooth image,
Runs great...
:Drums:

Nice one for the image

No worries..I only uploaded the image though none of it is my own work. I believe the image was modified from the original VIX Team image (clone safe drivers etc), by Toysoft who is a mod on the Ferarri forums

Have you tried iplayer or itv player pluggin any of those work

Yes I use iPlayer 0.3, this works fine, you have to install the livestream plugin as well. The offiicial VIX ondemand plugin doesnt work, crashes on launch and complains about the skin.
I've used ITV player before cant remember if it was with this image though or an older VIX build..

I'll give it a try this evening,
Will back up the image/settings and try it out,

how is this installed, ie does this file need to be unzipped first & then copied to usb stick ? currently on blackhole 1.7.3 & not getting on with it.

how is this installed, ie does this file need to be unzipped first & then copied to usb stick ? currently on blackhole 1.7.3 & not getting on with it.

Yes mate you need to unzip the file before sending the files to the usb.

is just the bin file & jffs2 that you put on the root of the usb stick as the file unzips to openvix/vuplus/duo/.bin & .jffs2

Yes I use iPlayer 0.3, this works fine, you have to install the livestream plugin as well. The offiicial VIX ondemand plugin doesnt work, crashes on launch and complains about the skin.
I've used ITV player before cant remember if it was with this image though or an older VIX build..

Tried out the plugins today and there are working fine,
Well chuffed with how this image works,
10/10...:Bounce:
:Wave:

Just checked again for some reason I must have reverted to an old Build VIX 3.0 204 ! I've updated back to this image now build 558 and the VIX/OE Plugins work fine Autobouquets and Ondemand both work fine. TSPanel and TSMedia also work fine.
If you install the Mediaplayer plugin from the plugins menu however it crashes the reciever when you run it, you can get around this by installing an alternate media player plugin.

Duo clone,

Please tell me how you managed to reinstall imdb? I cant find it in my extension list to uninstall, had a look through FTP also cant find it to remove.
Its not on the plugins download list to install, so I managed to download the ipk and tried to install via the temp folder but it didn't install just went to GUI restart after a second or two on the execute screen.
It has gone from the local extension install area but is still in the temp folder.
your would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I didn't bother with imdb,
But would have thought just reinstalling should have fixed the issue,
I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if I can find where the pluggin is located

Back