New Exploit Found For OFW 4.82

trying this - but struggling at the mo.

Are you trying to run the exploit from the redthetrainer site ? thats how I did it.
Just persevere youll get there, when you run exploit it will try to patch 10 times then
tell you to refresh , so just keep trying and refreshing till it works , took me a right few tries
before it worked. If it says it worked but your console doesnt restart (just freezes) then
it didnt work , so just restart and try again , dont know if I can link to other forums but if you search psx-place,
theres a complete guide

hi papa,
yeah was trying to run from that
tried about 10 retfreshes and then gave up
will give it another go tomorrow,
if you have any other suggestions feel free to PM them

cheers again

Tam

cheers Papa,
only getting round to this now.

did you set up the mini server?
or just go from the webpage

cheers

Tam

Like I said I used the redthetrainer web page, I couldnt get it to work using web server, but they added a couple of steps to the guide since then, heres the full steps
Steps:
1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. A custom miniweb application (from: MiniWeb HTTP server - Browse Files at SourceForge.net) with small changes to the JaveScript, and supplied to host files if you would like to use it.
2. Extract the files from release to your http server root folder.
2a- To use the miniweb.exe server, it is necessary to create a folder: htdocs
2b- The files *.html and *.js included in the zip files should be copied/moved to htdocs

3. Copy the "flsh.hex" file from release folder to root of flash drive.

4. Put a FAT32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).

5. DOUBLE-CHECK your flash drive on XMB to make sure it shows up under Music, Photos, Videos, etc.

6. Open the PS3 browser File Address window, write the IP address of your server (and the port if not 80) & press the Start button.

7. Select the appropriate button for your console and wait for PS3 to power down. DO NOT STOP THE PROCESS ONCE STARTED!!

8. Once PS3 has powered down, reboot console and install CFW matching OFW version. If installing through XMB does not work, boot to recovery and install.

Make sure you run minverchk first because if you try it a console that was shipped with firmware newer than 3.56 you will brick your console

Last edited:
Back