New Ebay feedback system

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
What a load of crap!!!

I now have 92% positive as opposed to 97% under the old system. I think the feedback system changed for the worse today.

If I needed another reason to hate ebay this is IT. Lucky I dont sell on there any more or I would really have been in the shit.

Explosivo - Taken from their help section.

Members can affect each other's Feedback score by only one point per week. Each member may affect your score by one point per transaction. However, to make sure that repeat Feedback is calculated in the Feedback score, each transaction the member is leaving Feedback for must end in a separate week. For Feedback, eBay defines a week as Monday to Sunday

Positive Feedback - The percentage of positive ratings left by members in the last 12 months. This is calculated by dividing the number of positive ratings by the total number of ratings (positive + neutral + negative)

If a buyer leaves one neutral rating and one positive rating, it will affect the Feedback score by +1.

If a buyer leaves three negative ratings and one positive rating during the same week, the Feedback will affect the Feedback score by -1.

I think what ebay are trying to do is cut back on the number of positive feedbacks you can give and receive from one member in one week. Rather than start from fresh they have decided to backdate everyones feedback. I have gone from 97% down to 92% positive feedback.

Ebay is best served for buying rather than selling, personally I hate the bastards.

That is naff.

A transaction is a transaction no matter who it is from and how many times a week.

If I buy a game from you on Monday and then something else on Friday and again on Saturday I think I should be entitled to leave you with 3+ feedbacks, one for each transaction within one week.

What happens if my first purchase from you is good, but my next two in the same week are both scams?

Will it let me put 2 negatives in or just the 1st positive?

i think its good now cause sellers cant leave negitive feedback
now if i aint happy i can leave negative cause misses wouldnt let me as she didn't want negative feedback back
as she wants to keep her 100% posative

Last edited:
mines just stayed at 100% :thumbsup:

i hated it when sellers wouldn't give you feedback unless you left good fb for them first.

something had to be done, but they could have just made it so the buyer had to leave fb first.

that would have been the best way i recon.

i hated it when sellers wouldn't give you feedback unless you left good fb for them first.

something had to be done, but they could have just made it so the buyer had to leave fb first.

thats the way it shoulb be they should leave feed back a soon as you pay

i meant the seller should leave first (soon as you pay) like ^ havelln said

wheres the edit button?

Well mine's gone from 97% to 100% so i'm not complaining. (for the moment.)

WTH you guys all got promoted LOL and I get screwed. I have left a lot of negative when deserved as I didnt give a crap about being in the late nineties so far as feedback was concerned. If people wanted to recipricate and leave me negative feedback I was totally cool with that.

I guess its time to start over again with the 1p screensaver sale, ebay haven't stopped that loophole yet :)

strange.. my feedback score was 231 and under the new system its 245... worked ok for me lol..

I think the best thing is that seller cant leave a negative feedback as it should have been done long time ago..

Buyers always didnt want to leave negative or neutral feedback thinking that seller might leave a negative in return when the buyer has done was required from him and paid for the item..

good on you ebay..

PS. both ebay and paypl r p**h..

I think the best thing is that seller cant leave a negative feedback as it should have been done long time ago..

Buyers always didnt want to leave negative or neutral feedback thinking that seller might leave a negative in return when the buyer has done was required from him and paid for the item..

yes this is a good thing

some **** left me negative feedback when i left him negative for selling me a sammy without the paired card

What happens if a buyer doesn't pay for an item, shouldn't the seller then have the right to leave negative feedback?

brill idea, my feedback has gone from 99.6 to 100%, well done fleebay

Hows it a good thing or fair at all, for sellers to not be allowed to leave negative feedback, in most stories its the sellers that are being scammed and they cant even leave negative feedback for scammers, lol how is that fair?

Back