New Dreambox 800

It's about £300! But with a hdd and HDMI its still worth it? The only shame is that it won't have a blue ray player.

dude they have to draw the line somewhere !! I dont know of any digi TV boxes that can also play DVD's nevermind Blue ray with the exception of the freeview PVR's with built in DVD burner.

It's about £300! But with a hdd and HDMI its still worth it? The only shame is that it won't have a blue ray player.

It doesnt have HDMI and why in gods name would it have a blu ray player?

I think your ideas of High Definition are severely distorted.I would suggest doing some reading.I answered your question in more detail in the satelite section,where you also posted.

HDMI does not mean High Definition,its a connection only,that is capable of showing high definition pictures.

Last edited:
its got a dvi connection and its going to be around £350

Will this box upscale the picture to your tv or will it just show the hd channels in high def,and normal channels as per the normal.just wondering

Will this box upscale the picture to your tv or will it just show the hd channels in high def,and normal channels as per the normal.just wondering

It will upscale them but in reality the tv if its any good will do a better job.

If you are using a hd tv it has to upscale every signal it gets anyway.So if you have a dbox,the tv will upscale the picture as it recieves it.The only difference would be the fact that it is being connected digitally.Which in some cases isnt as good as it will magnify the flaws of SD content.

So all in all it would make little or no difference to SD channels.

Back