new dbox user in need of help!!!

jeffcapes

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can you help???????

i recently changed my ntl box to a dbox 2 (nokia) the dbox is working fine but i have a problem with my broadband internet. The story is that my broadband was run via an ethernet cable from my ntl set top box into an adapter which allowed me to plug it into my pc using a usb port.

i have tried to do the same with my dbox but with no luck is there anyone who has had the same problem or has it got anything to do with the talkback being cut? Sorry if i am being a bit thick but i am a newbie!!!

any help will be greatly appriciated as i dont like driving to my mates everytime i wanna use the net!!!!!!!

thanks

you will need a splitter to run the ntl box and the dbox together cost about 4£ from maplin 2-way-splitter.
your dbox has not got a broadband modem build in .. that ethernet port is to connect the dbox to ur pc or home network.
you should generaly keep your original box online, ntl can not see your new box but they can tell if their box is offline.
when u buy the splitter dont forget to get some extra coax cable (2 of them). if it all works you can use ur old ntl box on a different tv.

so i just need to power up my original ntl box join it together with the dbox using some coax and a splitter and plug the ethernet cable in the back as it was before

once again sorry for double checking i just dont want them to know what im watching!!!!!!

yes ethernet cable goes into ur orignal box (that will give you broadband). one coax cable each goes into ntl and dbox from the splitter .. all should work than
the dbox does not talk back so they cant see what you are watching. only the origianl boxes talk back.

Back