New config on VM headend :>

11 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 194.117.136.157
12 25 ms 26 ms 25 ms mirror4.mirrors.virginm.net [194.117.143.72]

yes it does , im running infinite on a sa2100 but our configs are named differently

PIJ
tw dont issue ambit modems( only webstars and motorolas) so they wont be any support for them hense why 250-255 in tw area dont get brick or take updates(disabling p option, Alex) so atm cmbus-pkg3-5fip-bus2050.cm cfg file wont work in tw area as its a ambit 2050 ( from the 250 family) modem cfg file which is only issued in ntl area's . but my guess is they will be starting soon when vm rolls out the 256 in all area's

No its not rubbish you are closer to the ftp server on ntl's backend than me is all

Transfer queue completed
Transferred 1 file totaling 164.83 MB in 3 minutes 18 seconds (849.8 KB/s)
421 No Transfer Timeout (60 seconds): closing control connection.
Connection lost: gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk

as much as nthell and tw have there own fibre networks i was involved with a 240 fibre being put between 2 headends about 2km apart ( 1 tw 1 nthell ) so that they could share network capacity and with the avalible capacity they have without joining up its more likely your node is over subscribed than anything to do with distance as when your data gets to the fibre stage its the speed of light !!!!!!!

PIJ

I am a bit confused, in this thread.. does this config only work with mac`s that are already 20meg , or does it work with mid mac`s as well..
if I get called numb, am use to it .

Thanks.

I am a bit confused, in this thread.. does this config only work with mac`s that are already 20meg , or does it work with mid mac`s as well..
if I get called numb, am use to it .

Thanks.

I've tested it with Mid & Light mac's and both work so far with forced config. ;)

whats the difference between the two configs? because there both giving the same speeds,

cmbus-pkg3-5fip-bus2050.cm
cmbus-pkg3-5fip-any.cm

im in ex c&w and they have both worked for me :d

dabest57

Last edited:
config difference

The difference between the two configs is not much

5fip .. stands for upto 5 external i.p addresses on same line
bus2050 .. stands for ambit 2050business modem. :banana:
and
any.cm .. stands as national config. as in on any modem.:proud:

download started getting capped around 2 hours ago, gone down to 5Mb by the look of it :(

Edit: Reset config back to bund03 then back to this and working at full speed again. :)

Last edited:
You need a 5 port network Switch ..

from modem to network Switch

Then from network Switch to 5 different computers.. to give you different external i.p addresses...

Back