New channels

babylon5

Inactive User
Reaction score
with new channels ITV3, ITV4, more4, more4+1 out how do we add these onto the services.xml file?

Well ITV3 is (or should) be there now ITV4 has a channel but is active on men and motors in tw dudley area. More4+1 is not found on a slow scan with bruteforce so I can only assume not transmiting in this area. so unless you know for sure that your area is getting all of the above you will not get them sorry. in much the same way as I don't get the Biography channel Sky1+1 (sky2).

Thanks dtwomac, I have nthell signal, the ntl box receives the new channels, itv3, itv4, more4. I have never performed a scan on the dbox. I uploaded a services.xml and boutque.xml file. Would I need to perform a scan? Is there a manual way to add the channel?

Yes I use bruteforce scan method and do a full scan (but make a copy of your bouquet files as it normaly stuffs it up) when done just add the extra channels to the bouquet by editing it on the dbox afterwards) and yes you can do it manualy if you want but I personaly have never attempted it as I prefer the bruteforce method of finding stations. Hope this helps.

In the scan menu choose leave existing bouquets
the new channels will then be in the other or andre bouquet
after you do a scan

Update - I tried the scan with option of leave current for your boquets and turn fast scan off and search for tv only. This blow out my current channel list. I transferred the original services.xml and bouquet files. Then tries the bruteforce method. The scan was very quick. The message stated it had updated the channels but channels like ITV3, ITV4 and more4 are not listed. Guess I'll have to wait.

Usually takes about 20mins to do a bruteforce scan with fast scan turned off
looking for all services.
Finds all transponders first then the channels in the last 5 to 10 mins.

Fergalsworld said:
Usually takes about 20mins to do a bruteforce scan with fast scan turned off
looking for all services.
Finds all transponders first then the channels in the last 5 to 10 mins.

What??? An hour and 55 mins mine took earlier today....

@ell-ess-dee
Its never taken that long 25 mins top for me
What image do you have on.

EVERY single image i have tried m8.. Goes between the hour and 3/4 to 2 hours... But i use the bruteforce scan files..

I use the bruteforce files fast scan off aswell
I use Cryo_Sportster1_7_2x_uk02 image
put gavs on and same again 20 to 25mins.
Wonder if anyone can shed any light on why there is such a big difference
between us on the scanning times.

@ell-ess-dee

Sounds like you are doing a scan with fast scan OFF...this takes about an hour and 15 minutes for me...with fast scan ON it only takes about 20 minutes.

@devilfish
I have fast scan turned off
And it only takes me 25 mins.

Yeah, weird, very werid - big difference there..

Does it find all channels with fast scan turned ON??

Fergal, do you use the bruteforce with the image as i always FTP the cables and scan files across from the ones posted in the downloads ages ago?

With fishy123 bruteforce files
Scanned for all
Did a fast scan 22 mins 279 tv chs
Fast scan turned off 23 mins 279 tv chs
same amount as i have in my original service file which is fully up to date.
both found all radio and data
This is with gavs image on.

Cheers for that Fergal, will do fast scan from now on.. Save a hell of a lot of time. And yea, they were the same files i am using..

I will do a fast scan tomorrow if i have time and post back ;)

Back