new build

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i havent been around much this last month but i have been busy building an extension on the back of my house

we did have the old type conservatory the aluminium fram and glass something like a large green house
so i had allread dug the foundations and built the base so took that down and built up from there waiting for half tiles to finish the roof
and at the moment waiting for some plaster to harden so i can finish putting the dry wall liner in
then getting somebody in to plaster it i cannot do plastering

wiring is ready to go then need to do floor and pipework for the central heating

here are a few pics the garden is like a builders yard lol

had to do white windows could not afford the wood effect like we have

Looking good ! is it the new games room ? If u need out on the electrics side lmk might be able to help out :)

Looking good David. We want to extend our house in the future.

Remortgaging our house to extend still works out far cheaper than selling and buying a bigger place :)
i am being abit of a tw@ here i havent had planing permission for this because my thoughts is why should i pay to have the privelidge to built on my property

and as a saving
i estimate this has cost me up to now £1600
and when finished will have cost me close to £2000

a saving of at least £8000

plus i know what has gone in to the build i know the spec's etc

i am being abit of a tw@ here i havent had planing permission for this because my thoughts is why should i pay to have the privelidge to built on my property

and as a saving

hahaha, {nothing like being cheeky m8, although i think you will be alright unless someone complains}------should be ok with this council if your improving your property m8---{just keep your mouth shut if you know what i mean}

could have got the original frames at a good price if id have known m8 ? {brother inlaws the manager of a frame factory on the estate} "good frames and locks"

where did you get your frames???????

Last edited:
hahaha, {nothing like being cheeky m8, although i think you will be alright unless someone complains}------should be ok with this council if your improving your property m8---{just keep your mouth shut if you know what i mean}

could have got the original frames at a good price if id have known m8 ? {brother inlaws the manager of a frame factory on the estate} "good frames and locks"

where did you get your frames???????
got them from wickes

David hate to tell ya this m8 but someone put ya plasterboard on back to front m8 :err:

and as a saving

You shouldn't need planning permission, I think you're allowed to extend by 10% without it, the only thing you would have needed was Building Control authorization to make sure you stick to the building regs but hey as long as you get along with your neighbors then you shouldn't get any problems.

heard this the other night on tv thought id pass it on m8
if you own your property it will affect you when you come to sell it without a planning certificate

So that's where you have been hiding ;)

Its looking very nice dave i know how these projects can get in the way of everything and good fun aswell.

But hate to bring bad news but rat is right the plasterboard is on back to front m8.

I am not sure if you could plaster onto the back or not ?

But if they are screwed on that is easy to change but if you have dot and dabbed it well thats a little tricky.

Speak to a plasterer m8y they will know better... maybe there is some kinda sheet you could just stick on ?

unless you are planing to get the walls skimed then yes the plasterboard is on back to front

So that's where you have been hiding ;)

Its looking very nice dave i know how these projects can get in the way of everything and good fun aswell.

But hate to bring bad news but rat is right the plasterboard is on back to front m8.

I am not sure if you could plaster onto the back or not ?

But if they are screwed on that is easy to change but if you have dot and dabbed it well thats a little tricky.

Speak to a plasterer m8y they will know better... maybe there is some kinda sheet you could just stick on ?
yes m8 i fooked up but it will sort out with a layer of pva sorted :)

The plasterboard looks the right way round if you are getting the walls skimmed, which I'm assuming you are.

Back