New brewing and winemaking room

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gents,

There does seem to be a gathering interest in this subject area, so please find your own room for discussion :)

Argh... there must be a quicker way of washing sterilising and rinsing bottles! 90 minutes to do 30 :'(.

Filling them is taking a bit time too, still for £1.06 a bottle I can't complain :).

Argh... there must be a quicker way of washing sterilising and rinsing bottles! 90 minutes to do 30 :'(.

Filling them is taking a bit time too, still for £1.06 a bottle I can't complain :).

I would do them a few days before bottling also I sometime use a hand held steamer ideal for steralIsin your bottles (a ballache for bottles )fermenting bins spoon etc

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

seems a lot of hard work tbh, when i can get a 25 liter ( thats 44 pints ) container of thatchers cider for £25 ( 5 different kinds too ) from the thatchers farm shop :Cheers:

i know every one dont like cider but surly there is a local brewer that brews there own local brand ie ale, beer at competitive prices these days.

but if you are doing for a hobby and not just for cheapness, then fair shout to you :)

im inpatient and cant wait lol.....

happy brewing :drink:

Hmm I stirred up the sediment trying to syphon the last couple of bottles :(.

Three silty bottles out of 30. I suppose I can strain them with a coffee filter :).

Syphon I got from WineWorks doesn't seem to want to syphon. Good job I bought a different backup one (Auto Syphon) but it's a bit short.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

anybody know were i can find one of these taps that he talks about at 3:33

Last edited by a moderator:
Back