New badges for Admin/Mods?

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Mick As I said, the Admin/Mods badges were a 1st draft. Was wondering if something like this would suit better. If they look too big, I can resize them Mick.

If the original badges are what's required, no worries mate :)

Regards,

Tom :)

Attachments

• DW-NEW-MOD-BADGE.gif
    DW-NEW-MOD-BADGE.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DW-NEW-ADMIN-BADGE.gif
    DW-NEW-ADMIN-BADGE.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
i like the draft ones,
would like to see them with the light reflection effect that the contributer badges have.. :)

Just like throwing ideas out @buzzer. A static one 1st then an animated one now. That way I can get an idea of what DW Admin/staff like and get what everyone can agree on. It's a bit like the site headers/forum icons, etc, it's all trial and error. I like to throw out different ideas so that we get what looks right for DW.

I don't mind spending time making these things, as long as I get feedback we can get DW to look the way Admin/Mods want it to look :)

Thanks buzzer,

Tom

very nice but on the cog around says moderator admin

Originally Mick just wanted 'Admin' on the banner on the Administrator badge, that's why I've put 'Admin' on this one to see what it would look like, plus add colour to the 'DW' logo.

Just throwing ideas out there to get some feedback. Hopefully I'll get there with a nice bit of graphic genius 'eureka' moment that suits :)

I'm already going off the red and blue 'DW' logos on the cog ones... lol

@Mick Was up early this morning so worked on something else :)

Edit: The reason behind the cogs was that the Admin/Mods are the 'working parts' behind the site to get it working/running :)

Attachments

• still-cog-dw-admin.png
    still-cog-dw-admin.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 29
  • still-cog-dw-mod.png
    still-cog-dw-mod.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 29
They look great pal.

Was thinking though, but would a banner image be better for admins and moderators...

I would like to put a small banner that had a shine through it (gif) not spin, below our usernames.

A little like the badges you originally done for us but without the big DW part (where it says moderator, admin) but something that had a animated element that would have a shine that run through it ???

But your skills are getting excellent mate, the rotating ones are brilliant, but they might be a little to catchy...

Mick

I like all what you have done to be honest, but I really like the donation badge that spins slowly more the spinning than the shape, you could try a combination of all 3 and come up with something really cool, one thing and only my view if your using admin and not administrator I think you should do the same for mods and not moderators.

gold flag thing with the coloured word mod/admin spinning on its access something like that bit of all 3 in one badge :) gold flag thing bit fatter and smaller with just Mod or Admin in colour.

They look great pal.

Was thinking though, but would a banner image be better for admins and moderators...

I would like to put a small banner that had a shine through it (gif) not spin, below our usernames.

A little like the badges you originally done for us but without the big DW part (where it says moderator, admin) but something that had a animated element that would have a shine that run through it ???

But your skills are getting excellent mate, the rotating ones are brilliant, but they might be a little to catchy...

Mick

Do you mean like the thing I did for donating to 'Premium' button for the Admin/Mod under the Admin/Mod username @Mick?

Attachments

• dw-premium-button5.gif
    dw-premium-button5.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 26
On the Moderator Badge

Make the gold cog more yellow stick in a bit of White and bobs ya uncle Leeds United Colours :Bounce:

Do you mean like the thing I did for donating to 'Premium' button for the Admin/Mod under the Admin/Mod username @Mick?

Yeah something like that the way the light goes through the premium,

But I was thinking of a banner just like the first moderators draft you did but without the big DW on top :)

so it was a small banner that I could put under the username...

What you all think

Sorry for delay had a heavy weekend on the piss, and yesterday the mysql server decided to crash and was almost unrecoverable!!!!

Cheers
Mick

@Mick no worries about the delay, as I've been unwell the past couple of days, so looking at this has been a no-no tbh. Nothing serious.... a kinda 'deli-belly' thing by the looks of things.

Feeling a bit better now, so will get to work at some point mate :)

Regards,

Tom

@Mick something like this mate?

Regards,

Tom :)

Attachments

• mod-banner-small.gif
    mod-banner-small.gif
    7 KB · Views: 15
  • admin-banner-small.gif
    admin-banner-small.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 16
Yes matey something like those, could we make it say admin?

Regards
Mick

@Mick , changed the wording mate. Hope it looks OK.

Tom

Attachments

• mod-banner-redone.gif
    mod-banner-redone.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 6
  • admin-banner-redone.gif
    admin-banner-redone.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 6
Back