New Anti Virus

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

what do you guys use for anti virus please? Always used Eset but cannot find a good cracked copy of it, I know can use TNOD but don't want to use that.

Thanks

symantec endpoint protection client works for me

Kaspersky free edition may be worth a look

i would never recommend Windows defender, unless your are a power user but then you could run a pc with no AV ;-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it possible to remove any other external antivirus and just keep Windows defender as the main antivirus?
With Windows defender can I avoid any virus?

The latest antivirus that I have installed is not entirely good or consumes too many resources from my PC, slowing down my computer

Is it possible to remove any other external antivirus and just keep Windows defender as the main antivirus?
With Windows defender can I avoid any virus?

The latest antivirus that I have installed is not entirely good or consumes too many resources from my PC, slowing down my computer

I would not recommend windows defender because, although it is the default defense of the system, it is also the most vulnerable because it is the first that everyone tries to throw and unfortunately successfully. The Windows update level defend is not equal to that of a software that is dedicated specifically as antivirus. ESET worked well for me (in any of its versions) although none is 100% reliable, due to the amount of R&D that the area of viruses and hacking develops.

Not having a dig at anyone,but isn't anti virus/firewall the one piece of software worth paying for?

I would not recommend windows defender because, although it is the default defense of the system, it is also the most vulnerable because it is the first that everyone tries to throw and unfortunately successfully. The Windows update level defend is not equal to that of a software that is dedicated specifically as antivirus. ESET worked well for me (in any of its versions) although none is 100% reliable, due to the amount of R&D that the area of viruses and hacking develops.
Never got past mine yet, used in conjunction with Malwarebytes. I also use common sense but Malwarebytes is good at stopping dodgy sites and I normally find that Defender also gives the same warning.

Not having a dig at anyone,but isn't anti virus/firewall the one piece of software worth paying for?
I agree to that but for malware. I paid for mine years ago and has been an indispensable tool. I have cleaned thousands of "hits" from some customer's drives.

ESET is worth paying for imho, as is any good anti virus. They are really cheap now and with daily updates. ESET Anti-Virus is only £30 a year (less on renewal) … that works out about 9pence per day. Maybe we could have a whip round for you? :D

I would not recommend windows defender because, although it is the default defense of the system, it is also the most vulnerable because it is the first that everyone tries to throw and unfortunately successfully. The Windows update level defend is not equal to that of a software that is dedicated specifically as antivirus. ESET worked well for me (in any of its versions) although none is 100% reliable, due to the amount of R&D that site the area of viruses and hacking develops.
Thanks for your recommendations, needed for my work.

Back