Never on stream sammy, need IRD

v12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Got a sammy which looks brand new, never been on stream before afaik, I was able to set the netid in the engineers menu. But how do I convert the nagra serial ird in the eng menu???

Ive read the card, got the BK, and Cams but the IRD was 00 00 00 00.

I heard if you type the nagra ird into calculator and then press hex it will give you the ird number. I did this and it gave me a 10digit hex code which doesn't fit!!

Any ideas??
Thanks, Gary

v12 said:
Hi

Got a sammy which looks brand new, never been on stream before afaik, I was able to set the netid in the engineers menu. But how do I convert the nagra serial ird in the eng menu???

Ive read the card, got the BK, and Cams but the IRD was 00 00 00 00.

I heard if you type the nagra ird into calculator and then press hex it will give you the ird number. I did this and it gave me a 10digit hex code which doesn't fit!!

Any ideas??
Thanks, Gary

Hi,

Try this to convert ya Nagra Serial code, http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28903.

You can PM it to me and will check it if you want?

CHeers mate, used that converter and it gave me 7 digits?

I have got a jtag if anyone knows the correct bytes to type in to get the ird? I tried byte 20040000 ff and it gave me the wrong info :/

Gary

Cheers Satch for sorting me out, got the IRD fine and the card has paired, but the channels are still not coming through, only 1,2,3 and 4.

im in pure ntl area and the the hex number iuse is 0x20020004 4. you dont need to put f or ff as you only require four bytes of information, f gives you 15 bytes and ff gives you 255 and you will only get that amount of info on one line if the supporting software can decipher it. OCD cannot so stick with decimal numbers for required bytes returned ie if you want 15bytes then put 0x20020004 15 (in OCD).

what does it say on screen for the channels you cant get, unsubscibed? or is it just a black screen?

Hi owen I got a blank screen at first, then if I change chanels it came up with a number to call customer services and an apology message.

Is the hex number the same for ex-c&w? I will try it in a sec anyway. Cheers for your reply

does sound like the card hasnt got correct bk's, you can easily check the ird first. note the serial number on the bottom of the samsung. type that number into a scientific calculater (number starts with 104) then convert number to hex viola! ird number which should start with 3E.

Yeh I think its the BK too.
Ive just tried BKE2.2 and it comes up with the BK as all 000000's :(
I tried Jtagging again and displayed 15 bytes, the bk was different to what I had before so tried it. Now I get 1,2,3 and 4 and when I change to other chanels I get a black screen and nothing else, no please call customer services etc.

Does that mean the IRD and BK are right? or clearly not? :(

the mini guide works tho, it tells me whats on the chans but wont give me any audio or visual.

v12 said:
Yeh I think its the BK too.
Ive just tried BKE2.2 and it comes up with the BK as all 000000's :(
I tried Jtagging again and displayed 15 bytes, the bk was different to what I had before so tried it. Now I get 1,2,3 and 4 and when I change to other chanels I get a black screen and nothing else, no please call customer services etc.

Does that mean the IRD and BK are right? or clearly not? :(

HiYa,

I'd say your Ird is O K, BK not have you read this thread http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56720&highlight=sammy+bytes?

I'm sure I read some where that as soon as you power up the box hit connect but not sure where I read it.

How are you doing it? are you in the EM.

No I jtag in thru ocd and pressing down for 5secs till it goes into debug mode and chan 0 is displayed, no cable feed.

Hmm, will try some of them bytes posted on that thread, cheers mate

v12 said:
No I jtag in thru ocd and pressing down for 5secs till it goes into debug mode and chan 0 is displayed, no cable feed.

Hmm, will try some of them bytes posted on that thread, cheers mate

Hi,

Here's another post http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58587.

But I thought the box had to be in EM?

This is what I followed on my sammy (But was before software updates Pure nthell)

Ive tried in EM now and it reads all FFFFF's in ocd. All the guides and threads that i have read say hold down on ld20 for 5secs.

Im still puzzled, I seem to get similar data back when typing the same bytes in, sometimes its starting hex code is 68 sometimes 6D etc, i'll try again tomorrow and hopefully one of these codes that i've got will be my bk.

Another thing my IRD starts in 3E, so when I reverse it it ends in 3E - all other cards I have done when the ird is reversed they start with 3E. I have also tried it reversed and written about 10-15images tonight :/

i have done a memory dump of the samsung, the bk is placed in a new address, im at work now so dont know address of the top of my head, pm me and when i get home you can try this new address and see if it works. works for me, im in purentl region. nobody has posted this address as far as i can see on any forum as of yet. by the way memory dump took 26 hours thru jtag. before i post it want to make sure it works 100%,as there are loads on here which dont anymore

just a quick addition to the above. when booting up make sure box goes into EM then dont do anything for at least 5 - 10mins, this is so the engineers menu program has a chance to start checking for a valid card and then you will be sure the bk number has already been decrypted and put into ram.

cheers for your info owen, I tried to pm you, but i get:

owen_grey has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Can you pm me the byte if you get a chance, ty.
26hours for a memory dump! I cant do anything like that im using a pogo jtag, my hand would be very sore after 26hrs :D

Sorted!!

Owen_grey, the bytes you sent me worked a treat! The SDT prog didnt work at all for me, it gave me the correct IRD but the BK came out as 00000's.

I tried owens bytes in debug mode (ld20, 5secs on down) and it gave me somthing like: 00 00 0C 00 00 00 04 00 .
I left the stream in whilst I was watching eastenders, so it had 30mins in the EM to update itself and write the BK to the ram. Then I JTAG'd into the EM with no live stream and got a different BK!

Tried it and hey presto, got the chans almost instantly (like the hit box i have done!)

Cant thank you guys enough (again!). Was very tempted to get rid of the box after coming into trouble, but perserverence and spot on advice has sorted it all out.

Gary

Hi All,

@v12 Glad you managed to get it working M8 and glad you stuck with it. Woo Hoo

Back