This could sovle the all the
'i HAVENT GOT ALL CHANNELS*SNIFFLES* IM GOING BACK TO GEMINI'

Bluemotion said:
is there a way to perform a bruteforce scan
on neutrino?

This could sovle the all the
'i HAVENT GOT ALL CHANNELS*SNIFFLES* IM GOING BACK TO GEMINI'

Currently being worked on we'll have something up in due course

Yep.....i have managed to get all channels except discovery channels....i have got an epg for them and i am hoping one of the image modders will put the evocam from gemini image into it in the hope of solving problem.

Gemin is my main image for which i have all channels, when i finish playing with the neutrino image i just flash my gemini bacup over and i have full tv in less than 2 minutes. PROPER BO i tell thee ;)

leefield said:
i think i've still got the bruteforce scan files i'll have a lookand if i have i'll upload them

Thanks leefield!

will they work with Neutrino?:classic:

leefield said:
ok guys bruteforce for neutrino is now in the downloads

heres a link to it

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=425731#post425731

Thanks for the upload, however guys on investigation this doesn't really offer a solution this is because Satchmo who posted his Neutrino guide and files also included a cable.xml file for UK which scan a wider range than the bruteforce, so my deduction is the Neutrino backups posted will have more to 'look for' than using the posted bruteforce.

I have been looking at a Gemini 2.50 image too over the w/end and seems like a number of channels may have changed freqs I lost e4+1 although I can get EPG I cannot get the pic...still investigating.

I have though made up a 2.50 image with a Brutefoce option which I'll post l8tr today for those that may need it. I also plan to add some cams to the Neutrino taoday and see if that helps people out.

uuuuggggggggghhhh
so satchmo's guide offer a better scan?
:FRIGHT: : shocked2

@k-net: theres no need to make an image with brute force scan as it is only a matter of dropping a file over via ftp.....As i mentioned before,Definately needs the gemini cam adding to it, any luck yet?

I just wanted to point out something that I learnt when I started properly modding the DBOX images:

The bruteforce files DO NOT SCAN any further than the standard "CableUK Sym6952" and "CableUK Sym6887" options. On the dbox, the bruteforce scan is simply a combination of the same frequencies, but with different symbol rates.

If the neutrino dreambox bruteforce scan is not picking up additional channels then something else is wrong. It might be something within the neutrino image itself, as you say that the Gemini images (which are basically just Enigma images) are picking up more channels.

There are probably other files (such as the sbin's and libs) that need updating/recompiling/replacing.

I cant find any software that will open the neutrino dreambox images so I cant extract the files, but if somebody on here would extract all the files to their desktop (via FTP) and then upload them here then I will take a look, make any modifications necessary, add new cam's, and give instructions to somebody on here to rebuilt the image with the updates.

One thing you could try is increasing the start and end frequencies and the frequency step... but Im not sure if that would have much effect as the enigma image is picking up different channels using the same cables.xml file.

Also if somebody could extract all the gemini files and upload them here so I could do a comparison then that might help.

I will try as best as I can; and have a linux cdk development machine set up and working :)

Liam

Liam: I am on the job now, ill rar them up and post in parts if file size is to large......i just thought i would try the bruteforce scan just in case but it has not picked anything up that was not there before.

@Liam: Thank you for looking in Liam, I have a working image on gemini tha ti can reflash in minutes so if there is any testing you want done for anything you change let me know m8, I got free reign of the tv in the evening for a few months yet ;)

Just an update.
Loady has uploaded the neutrino files to our Testing/Development section in the DBOX2 forums; so I will take a look.

I could also do with the files from the gemini image that you claim is receiving additional channels.

Will have a look at them now and see what I can find.

liamcrayden said:
I just wanted to point out something that I learnt when I started properly modding the DBOX images:

The bruteforce files DO NOT SCAN any further than the standard "CableUK Sym6952" and "CableUK Sym6887" options. On the dbox, the bruteforce scan is simply a combination of the same frequencies, but with different symbol rates.

If the neutrino dreambox bruteforce scan is not picking up additional channels then something else is wrong. It might be something within the neutrino image itself, as you say that the Gemini images (which are basically just Enigma images) are picking up more channels.

There are probably other files (such as the sbin's and libs) that need updating/recompiling/replacing.

I cant find any software that will open the neutrino dreambox images so I cant extract the files, but if somebody on here would extract all the files to their desktop (via FTP) and then upload them here then I will take a look, make any modifications necessary, add new cam's, and give instructions to somebody on here to rebuilt the image with the updates.

One thing you could try is increasing the start and end frequencies and the frequency step... but Im not sure if that would have much effect as the enigma image is picking up different channels using the same cables.xml file.

Also if somebody could extract all the gemini files and upload them here so I could do a comparison then that might help.

I will try as best as I can; and have a linux cdk development machine set up and working :)

Liam

No probs, I will start to get things ready for you to play with and post to the software development thread for now. In another post I mentioned I was gonna have a serious play with the images until the PC I was using threw a 'Windows cannot start...' wobbler, ended up having to do an in place re-install so the say was pretty much wasted.

I'll have another attempt myself tommorow, I would love to see a new Hydra me thinks) image but the Neutrino is defo a little different (although MUCH better looking) to the Gemini based in more ways than one.

Last edited:
loady said:
@k-net: theres no need to make an image with brute force scan as it is only a matter of dropping a file over via ftp.....As i mentioned before,Definately needs the gemini cam adding to it, any luck yet?

See my post above but I am curious how it can be a cam issue when I get all the channels on my setup, this means the cam is working as Disc etc are encrypted, but I still agree a set is better than 1 I'm having another go tommorow.

liamcrayden said:
Just an update.
Loady has uploaded the neutrino files to our Testing/Development section in the DBOX2 forums; so I will take a look.

I could also do with the files from the gemini image that you claim is receiving additional channels.

Will have a look at them now and see what I can find.

Only thing I have noticed between Neutrino & Gemini sevices is that Neutrino scans at xxx.750 and Gemini uses xxx.000 it's always 250 LESS so Gemini 387000 translates to Neutrino 386.750 in all honesty the only channel I have not been able to get on Neutrino are the TP ones eg 579 Ox9ca etc etc although have been able to get Adult NVOD and SBO

Something to remember tho - although Satchmo's guide contains a cables.xml that scans a wider range, are there actually any channels being broadcast within the additional frequencies ranges? If there are, then great. But if there arent, then all the additional entries are doing is increasing the overall time it takes the end user to complete a scan.

Back