networking 2 pcs

johnboy100

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi to all..i have 2 computers networked.i select a folder on my pc select share folder,,on my other pc the folder which i have selected to share,the name of the folder is there but it says unspecified,,,also went into add at network place/selected the foder on my other pc which was enabled to share, but when i try to accses it on my other pc it displays this message,,you might not have permision to use this network,contact adminisrator,,the network path was not found,,,my printer is networked for both pc and thats working ok,,,both running xp,,,any ideas??thanks

networking

my main pc is pc1 xp home,,my laptop is pc 2 xp pro,,i can see my laptop files on my pc 1 and view them ok,,,but i cant view pc1 files on pc 2 which is me laptop,,,but my printer is responding to both units via network??HELP

networking

i enable my document to share ,,so therefore it has been selected to share via networkin,, but i cant see it on my laptop ,could it be that 1 pc has xp home and the other xp pro?

No wont make any difference, i have home on a lappy and pro on other pc's on my network...ur prob is that my documents by default is protected...try sharing C:\ drive as a whole or mapping the drive itself...

Back