Network recording

ianmcv

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,
does anyone know how to set up a network for recording from the dreambox onto pc hard drive? Have tried to set up CIFS but keep getting Failed to mount errors from the dreambox

alright m8
First, on the PC create a user, "dreambox" and a password, then give this user the permissions to be able to write etc. to the folder you are sharing. Also any firewalls you may be using need to be altered to let the dreambox do what it needs to.
I don't have a 500c and I don't know what image you are using, but this is what I had to do for my 5620. In mounts select CIFS, make sure your IP of your computer is correct, mount it in HDD, don't put any /. infront of the share name ie "movie". Enter the user name and password you created on the PC. Tick automount. I had to name my shared folder movie, or it wouldn't record.
I left all other options as they are. nolock, intr, soft and udp. rsize=4096 wsize=4096

If you want to stream mp's to your dreambox from you pc, do the same, except, mount the share in mnt, not hdd.

Hope this helps

yoinker

Thanks for the reply.
Got it working last night. It was Norton which was stopping me mounting the drive. Will have to set up a network connection through norton to let the dreambox talk to the pc.
Finding out how to do that today though so should be working tonight.

Regards

Ian

Tonight has arrived and Ive managed to get the box to record to my HD. I set up Norton to allow a new connection from my Dreambox IP address and everything seems to work fine now.

Ian

Last edited:
Back