Netid & freq for Birmingham

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
My son as just moved into rented accomodation in Birmingham (Telewest Selly Oak area B29). I've promised him a box as I have a spare 1000ph1b (currently running exC&W firmware). Can anyone please confirm the correct netid & freq as I'm supposed to be taking it up tomorrow. I've seen a few netids for Birmingham, 41011 being the most common but this looks like a exC&W netid?? Can anyone confirm?

Also does a phase 1b still just transfer straight across since the introduction of VOD - it's currently on CR3.2, do I need to downgrade first (Wembley)?

Thanks in anticipation to anyone who can confirm the correct settings.

thanks tonks, I already did, hence the question - there are several netids for birmingham so just seeking confirmation.

hi bammy
i had 2 1b's that updated to tw cr3 then updated to vod but not sure if it will from 3.2
updated from cr1 nt* to cr3 tw forced update no probs

Surley someone lives in birmingham can confirm tw netid? PLEASE?

hi mate
i set a halesowen b63 witch should b birmingham to 41011 but when i got to the address the net id was the same as mine wolverhampton 40973 has to be from a box in the area to be sertain mate
regards

Hiya bammy, I have done boxes in nth & sth birmingham and found the net id you have always works but can not say 100% as never done a box in b29 go for what you have 41011

@geronimoe - so are you saying you used 41011 in a telewest area?

bammy said:
Surley someone lives in birmingham can confirm tw netid? PLEASE?

net id for birmingham b29 IS 41011 and frequency is 643.000 - have done a mates box for this postcode, thats how i know

Many thanks for the info - didn't deliver it over the weekend so will set it up for next week - just hope a 1000Ph1b on C&W CR3.2 will still go over to telewest ok!

bammy said:
Many thanks for the info - didn't deliver it over the weekend so will set it up for next week - just hope a 1000Ph1b on C&W CR3.2 will still go over to telewest ok!

It should work until teleport arrives. but being a P1b box it should convert to TW automatically - that is if you havent done a no-update mod.

I'm hoping that if it goes over and picks up tw firmware properly it should then be ok with teleport - it doesn't have any anti-update mods.

bammy said:
I'm hoping that if it goes over and picks up tw firmware properly it should then be ok with teleport - it doesn't have any anti-update mods.

it should covert to tw cr4 as it hasnt any no-update mod, then it will work fine. i think teleport arrives in brum on thursday: shocked2 but it wont affect that box (apart from the ppv)

Back