netid and when

pleasebecool

Inactive User
Reaction score
i really hope that someone can help me with this, i live in newark and i want to do a box for nuneaton (a sammy), where do i start, do i attach the jtag get the bk and ird, then change the netid, then let the box take a patch and then take it to nuneaton and plug it in or is there another way to do it. i have been on all the forums, they tell you how to change the netid but only to the one your in.

If the box already has Langley (pure NTL) software loaded and is going to a Langley (pure NTL) area then you don't need to worry about setting the netid - it will set itself when connected to its new feed. If the box has Bromley software then you should set the netid and then when it is first connected to a Langley feed it will download and flash the Langley software. Also have you done a MOSC card for it as other AU cards won't work in Langley areas. The only other thing you need to do is the talkback mod.

how do i know wether it is langley or bromley, is there a list somewhere, cannot find one. what boxes will this work on, is it just the sammy or is it the pace 400/4001/4010 aswell

ntl region checker says nuneaton is langley, but rotheram says that its outside cable area, does that mean it is bromley

pleasebecool said:
i really hope that someone can help me with this, i live in newark and i want to do a box for nuneaton (a sammy), where do i start, do i attach the jtag get the bk and ird, then change the netid, then let the box take a patch and then take it to nuneaton and plug it in or is there another way to do it. i have been on all the forums, they tell you how to change the netid but only to the one your in.

Settings for Nuneaton.

Default frequency 803.000
Default symbol rate 6.887
Net id 00016
This is a pure nthell area, i.e Davic

Regards.........Chookey​

pleasebecool said:
any idea bout rottheram, cannot find it on any lists

An easy way to find the info you need is to type rotherham into your browser and find a postcode, then run it through the region checker. Newark is a Langley so all you need to do with the sammy for Nuneaton is to program a mosc, and it will run ok.

Are you some sort of travelling modded cable box salesman? lol

Regards.........Chookey​

lol.....no live in newark family in nuneaton, might be a good idea though, going from town to town selling out the boot.

anyway, tried that it come up "You are not in an ntl area", what does that mean. is it bromley, is it telewest or what. postcode is S60 4BN. any help much appreciated

pleasebecool said:
lol.....no live in newark family in nuneaton, might be a good idea though, going from town to town selling out the boot.

anyway, tried that it come up "You are not in an ntl area", what does that mean. is it bromley, is it telewest or what. postcode is S60 4BN. any help much appreciated

I guess it must be Telepest then?

Regards..........Chookey​

Sorry, I have no experience with that. Perhaps you would be best to start a new thread with this one. Good luck

Regards..........Chookey​

that's a telewest area and a sammy won't work

Back