Netgear Wgt624 v3 Wireless router.

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have the above router and was wondering if it requires a driver to set up as it doesnt have a cd with it.

I have been on their website and all I could find was a firmware.

Thank's

I use the same model (says V2 on the back but has V3 firmware) mate, any probs give us a shout.
HH.

Pretty sure I used the cd that came with it before connecting it, that must have installed the driver. Can't lay my hands on the cd though, no idea where it is. Did have a look on driverguide.com though, there's a few for WG624 on there. I've downloaded a couple of them but haven't actually used them myself so can't vouch for them. PM yer email address if you want me to send them.
HH.

Its come as a .chk file and I dont know how to use it.

Has it been corrupted or the isp has blocked it?

Shall I just try and d/load it from driver guide?

That's the way it came down for me too. If you connect the router to your pc & your pc looks for a driver can't you point it to the file?

I'm nights tonight so won't be on till tomorrow morning. Somebody else (who knows what they're doing) will hopefully get you up & running. Again, good luck.
HH.

I don't understand why you guys need a driver? are you connecting to it via USB?

to set up router u gunna need to plug a UTP cable directly to it. and goto IE and type www.routerlogin.net. Page 25/148 in the manual

if u want to use it wirelessly then u can set up the wireless.
To set it up wireless in your PC using the wireless card setup or windows wireless setup.

Back