NetGear support S**t

Shaan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Netgear products may be popular but if u ever need their telephone support, forget it.

an 0870 number, someone from India, and at least 45 minute call.

Then if it's still not resolved, u have to call the same number again but ask for a level 2 engineer and he or she goes through the whole procedure again.

the whole thing is a farce

I ain't gonna buy a netgear product again

i bought my product from ebay and was usnsure if the product was faulty or not before i returned it thus resorted to the telephone support.

i have now contacted the seller and he very professionaly sorted everything out.

I have never had any trouble with them i also bought mine from ebay might be the same seller, he has the support phone number in his advert if you type it in http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php to here it will give you the freephone number or landlinde one i have done twice myself 01344397021 and ask reception to put you through to tech support.

Paul-K said:
I have never had any trouble with them i also bought mine from ebay might be the same seller, he has the support phone number in his advert if you type it in http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php to here it will give you the freephone number or landlinde one i have done twice myself 01344397021 and ask reception to put you through to tech support.

just on that i have used the say no web site to get a number well i called canon yesterday for support on a printer i used the number found on the say no site but canon would not take the call and refered me to their 0870 number feckers

allroad said:
just on that i have used the say no web site to get a number well i called canon yesterday for support on a printer i used the number found on the say no site but canon would not take the call and refered me to their 0870 number feckers

Yeah sometimes this happens but when you think about the money they make from them numbers (anything up to 12p a minute) you can see why they want you to use it but if you have a choice of more than one number use them all and ask to be transfered to the right department.

Paul-K said:

thanks mate for the website link i wish i'd remembered this site before dialling the 0870 number.

now its definately on my favourite list

yeah m8

i totally agree with ya, i also was on the phone for an hour only to

find out i was ringing India............ waiting for me bill so i can hide from the

missis..................

Yes I must have spent up to 6 hours in total on the phone to netgear supportand found it totally painful and they didn't resolve anything for me.
However, as my set top box was downstairs, and my desktop was up stairs i must have lost a few pounds running up and down stairs, everytime they told me to switch off the set top box, or switch off the router.

Can't wait for the phone bill

Back