*** netgear router default password

eddyrik123

Member ++
Reaction score
iv just got a netgear wireless router from ******, the reason i got it was for my wii and the kids DS, my pc doesnt have wireless and it doesnt have a ethernet port either(old i know), so i cant configure the settings on my pc, when i try to configure it in my wii it asks me for the password ( the type is wpa-psk(tkp)), is there a default password for these routers or do they need to be configured in windows?? i think i may need to buy a usb wireless adapter. All help is much appreciated.
Thankyou

iv just got a netgear wireless router from ******, the reason i got it was for my wii and the kids DS, my pc doesnt have wireless and it doesnt have a ethernet port either(old i know), so i cant configure the settings on my pc, when i try to configure it in my wii it asks me for the password ( the type is wpa-psk(tkp)), is there a default password for these routers or do they need to be configured in windows?? i think i may need to buy a usb wireless adapter. All help is much appreciated.
Thankyou

There's normally a sticker on the router that would tell you what the default WPA-PSK password is.

If its the password to get into the admin panel and configure it then most Netgears use.

login= admin
password= pasword

Sometimes the login is blank and wont ask for it.

There shouldnt be a wpa/psk unless you have already set one up. You can hard reset the router if needed to factory settings. There is a a button on the back to press and hold in.

should be on bottom on router

user: \/irgin
password: password

on mine first thing that popped up what a \/irgin front end asking for ssid name and a phrase ie password, then i was good to go.

yeah i found the wpa-psk password on the bottom thanx, though now when i try to connect i get "error 52230 unable to connect to server please try again later", whats that about?? any chance this could be moved to the wii forum please as it may get more attention there
Thanx for the help fellas

m8 im sure nintendo ds dont support wpa-psk, you will have to log onto router and change to WEP if it will let you.

yeah the ds says " the access points security settings are not supported by the nintendo ds" the wii doesnt seem to have a problem with it though, i assume to change the settings to wep i would have to do that through a pc?? but as i stated my pc dont have an ethernet port so there is no way of me connecting my router to the pc at the moment, am i stuffed??
thanx m8

Does the wii have a browser with it? If so, you could use that to go to the router setup page (probably 192.168.1.1??, it'll say in the manual) and change the settings from there.

Back