Netgear Nighthawk R8000-100UKS

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a great deal? So i bought one!

Over at Amazon UK, you can pick up this Netgear Nighthawk R8000-100UKS wireless router at a decent discount this week. It’ll run you £135.99 for a limited time. This router is a powerful one, to say the least, and might be overkill unless you utilise some serious online multiplayer or 4K video streaming. It’s even Amazon Echo enabled, which is a nice added bonus

You gotta click the promotion button under the price on the right of the big picture!

I was looking into buying a new Netgear router but then I read about the US government issuing a warning, at the end of last year, telling people to unplug them and stop using them, not sure if it's the same models but I was looking at the R7000 which was one of the affected models. Not sure if Netgear has fixed the problem yet though.

In the end I bought the Asus RT-AC88U because I wanted the 8 network ports.

I was looking into buying a new Netgear router but then I read about the US government issuing a warning, at the end of last year, telling people to unplug them and stop using them, not sure if it's the same models but I was looking at the R7000 which was one of the affected models. Not sure if Netgear has fixed the problem yet though.

In the end I bought the Asus RT-AC88U because I wanted the 8 network ports.[/QUOTE

Yeah i did read that, but it was fixed early this year.

All i can say is its a big modem! and very nice!

Yeah i did read that, but it was fixed early this year.

All i can say is its a big modem! and very nice!

Glad they fixed it for now.

This Asus is a beast too, one of the best data throughputs of any modem in it's class, which is what I need to max out my 300mpbs broadband. Don't really car about wifi though. :)

Back